Have you finally had enough of sacrificing each month for insurance? You are in the same boat as many other California consumers.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. San Francisco consumers can cut their rates by $500 a year, but they think it's difficult to compare other rate quotes. Lots of insurers contend to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company to discover the definitive lowest rate on Toyota Camry insurance in San Francisco.
Affordable San Francisco Toyota Camry insurance price quotes online
Finding low cost Toyota Camry car insurance rates doesn't have to be difficult. You just need to invest a few minutes to get quotes from online providers.
Comparison shopping quotes online is easy and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to different San Francisco agent offices. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. Although, it is possible comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in San Francisco, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can revise price quotes noticeably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Toyota Camry insurance prices for different age groups. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
These discounts can slash Toyota Camry insurance rates
Car insurance companies don't always list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy San Francisco car insurance online.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Memberships - Joining certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
- Anti-theft System - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to spy on driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Military Discounts - Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don't apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
Some of the larger companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts are:
When getting free San Francisco car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to see a list of insurers with the best discounts in California, follow this link.
Seven Tips to Get Lower-cost San Francisco Insurance Prices
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like where you live and annual miles driven. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Avoid tickets and save - Just one citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have received serious tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Increase coverage deductibles and save - Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be rearending another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Your career may increase rates - Careers such as fire fighters, executives and miners tend to have the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and homemakers get better rates.
- Claims cost money - If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher rates. Companies in California give discounts to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for more catestrophic claims.
- Teenagers are high risk - Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Never allow your policy to lapse - Having an insurance coverage lapse is a guaranteed way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Extra policy coverages can waste money - Insurance companies have many extra coverages that can add up on your insurance policy. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don't need them remove them and pocket the money.
- Insurance loss data for Toyota Camry vehicles - Companies use historical loss data when determining insurance rates. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure. The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Toyota Camry vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Camry Models
Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Camry 110 94 102 148 145 107 Toyota Camry Hybrid 124 100 110 118 127 96
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but still have a neighborhood San Francisco auto insurance agent
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Does their agency support local causes in San Francisco?
- How many years have they been established?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Cheap rates are available
Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agents. Budget-conscious Toyota Camry insurance can be bought online and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
When searching for inexpensive San Francisco car insurance quotes, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Students in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Long Beach, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in California? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)