How many times have you said it's time to compare more affordable Hyundai Elantra insurance in San Jose? Are you kicking yourself for buying overpriced Hyundai Elantra insurance in San Jose? Don't feel bad because many San Jose drivers feel the same as you.
It's hard to fathom, but about 70% of customers have been with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in San Jose could save an average of $500 each year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
People have many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's a good thing to be able to choose, more options can take longer to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes occasionally because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best price on Hyundai Elantra insurance in San Jose two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate the right way to find great coverage at a great price.
The purpose of this article is to help educate you on the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the ideas you're about to read. But California vehicle owners should learn how big insurance companies determine how much to charge and use this information to your advantage.
Companies offering low-cost Hyundai Elantra prices in San Jose, CA
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in San Jose, CA. If you want cheap car insurance in California, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$204||$366||$508||$30||$152||$1,260||$105|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$672||$596||$36||$178||$1,750||$146|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,672||$139|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,790||$149|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$192||$332||$386||$22||$116||$1,048||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease premiums greatly.
Cautious San Jose drivers save money
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault fender-benders raise Hyundai Elantra insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Higher deductibles save money
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Hyundai Elantra yearly insurance costs for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Elantra liability-only versus full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Elantra annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive guideline for phasing out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Hyundai Elantra book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $300 annually for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
How Your Elantra Insurance Rates are Determined
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that help determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower rates.
- You might want pay the inexpensive car insurance claims yourself - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in California generally give lower rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Premiums drop with age - Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Beginning drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
- Rates increase with driving citations - A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance compared to bad drivers. Having just one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received dangerous tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Pleasure use saves money - The more miles you rack up on your Hyundai every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Verify your car insurance policy is rated on the right rating data. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Elantra can cost quite a bit.
- Better car insurance rates with anti-theft devices - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Insurance loss data for a Hyundai Elantra - Insurance companies use past insurance losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Hyundai Elantra vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Hyundai Elantra Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Elantra 102 102 90 133 137 117 Hyundai Elantra GT 95 91 95 112 114 107
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
San Jose insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don't list all their discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can get reduced rates.
- Drive Less and Save - Driving fewer miles can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new Elantra is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Elantra insurance in San Jose.
Don't be surprised that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way.
To see a list of companies with the best Hyundai Elantra insurance discounts in San Jose in San Jose, follow this link.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local San Jose insurance agency
A small number of people just want to get advice from a local agent and that is OK! A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agents is especially important in San Jose.
Upon completion of this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in San Jose who will give you quotes for your business. You won't even need to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It's the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reputable agency, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they can write business with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If your premiums go up, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get several quotes from independent agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in San Jose that may be able to give free insurance quotes.
All Coverage Insurance Agency
3033 Moorpark Ave #27 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 244-9100 - View Map
San Jose Insurance
2542 S Bascom Ave - Campbell, CA 95008 - (408) 371-3700 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive agents in San Jose that are able to give comparison quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in San Jose should have no problem answering these questions:
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Car insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run television and radio advertisements. All the companies advertise claims that you can save if you just switch your policy. How does every company cost less than your current company? This is the trick they use.
Most companies provide the lowest rates for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has never had a claim, and drives a safe vehicle. Any new insured who matches those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in San Jose and will save when switching.
Drivers who don't qualify for these stringent criteria must pay more expensive rates and this results in business not being written. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "customers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's the way insurance companies can make claims like that.
This really drives home the point why drivers must get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
When getting San Jose car insurance quotes online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just presented many ideas to get a better price on Hyundai Elantra insurance in San Jose. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small local company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teachers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Males in California? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)