Nobody that owns a car enjoys paying for insurance, especially when they know they could find better rates elsewhere.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Many consumers in California can save 35% each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know the benefits if they bought a different policy. You have so many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
The purpose of this post is to let you in on how auto insurance companies operate and also save some money in the process If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the ideas presented in this article. Drivers only need to know the most time-saving way to compare rate quotes from many companies at once.
Many insurance companies allow you to get insurance quotes direct online. Doing online price comparisons is fairly straightforward as you just enter the coverages you want into the quote form. When complete, their system collects reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on the data you entered. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to get the best rate possible.
If you want to find out how much you're overpaying now, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Menifee, CA. To find the cheapest car insurance in California, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LT||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,362||$681||$114|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$2,056||$1,028||$171|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Ford Explorer XLT AWD||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$1,548||$774||$129|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,648||$824||$137|
|Ford Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,314||$657||$110|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,688||$844||$141|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,596||$798||$133|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,884||$942||$157|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,896||$948||$158|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,854||$927||$155|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in Menifee location which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
Careless Menifee drivers pay higher rates
The example below shows how speeding tickets and accidents can influence Hyundai Elantra insurance prices for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Are you obtaining every discount?
Car insurance companies don't always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Menifee car insurance online.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a defensive driving class is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Student in College - College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won't have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims before the accident.
- Passive Restraints - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Multiple Cars - Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- ABS Brakes - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts including emergency military deployment, military active duty, air bags, defensive driver, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century discounts include homeowners, teen driver, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, air bags, 55 and older, and good student.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, air bags, multi-vehicle, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, air bag, defensive driver, bundle, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, and multi-car.
It's a good idea to ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Menifee. To locate providers with the best discounts in Menifee, click here to view.
Why you need vehicle insurance in California
Even though rates can get expensive, auto insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, most banks will require you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to save money.