Want low-cost car insurance rates in La Verne, CA? Online rate comparisons for affordable La Verne auto insurance can be challenging if you are like the majority of consumers and have never used rate quotes online. Don't let the process intimidate you because comparing prices is actually very simple.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most car insurance policyholders in California kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in America could save almost 47% every year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates online.
If you are already insured, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. These techniques will help educate you on the best methods to compare rates and how you can save the most money. Nevertheless, California car owners need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Get cheap insurance with discounts
Companies don't list all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to spy on driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Theft Deterrent System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Driver Education Discount - Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver's ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Passing a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Distant Student - Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Insurance companies that have most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
If you want the cheapest La Verne auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply in La Verne. To choose insurance companies who offer cheap insurance quotes in California, click this link.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes utilizes the fact most insurance companies will pay a fee to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like marital status, if it has an anti-theft system, what your job is, and how many miles driven. Your rating data is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes within a short period of time.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in California. To locate the best auto insurance in California, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,094||$547||$91|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,468||$734||$122|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$1,510||$755||$126|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,340||$670||$112|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,674||$837||$140|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,824||$912||$152|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$886||$443||$74|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in La Verne which can lower or raise insurance rates substantially.
When shopping for car insurance, a common question is what deductibles to buy. The comparisons below illustrate the rate differences between high and low policy deductibles. The first rate comparisons uses a $250 deductible for comp and collision and the second price grid uses a $500 deductible.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,499||$125|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,499||$125|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,601||$133|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,601||$133|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$342||$678||$500||$30||$150||$1,725||$144|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$342||$678||$500||$30||$150||$1,725||$144|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,306||$109|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,388||$116|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,388||$116|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$278||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,504||$125|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$278||$546||$500||$30||$150||$1,504||$125|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can change rates noticeably.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $250 deductible costs about $17 more each month or $204 each year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Since you would have to pay $250 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally go more than 15 months between claims, you would probably save some money if you elect the higher deductible. The illustration below shows how you can decide this on your own policy.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$134|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $117|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$17|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $17|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||15 months|
One thing to be aware of is that increasing deductibles to lower your rates means you will have to pay more of your own money at claim time. You need enough money put aside in the event you need to pay more to get your vehicle repaired.
Informed drivers can cut their car insurance rates
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower rates. Many things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Don't get traffic citations - Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Having a single driving citation can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have license-revoking citations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- A car insurance policy lapse is a bad thing - Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California DMV.
- Cheaper rates by consolidating - Lots of insurance companies give better rates to clients who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still save even more than the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Lower miles equals lower premium - Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies price each vehicle's coverage based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. It's a good idea to make sure your car insurance coverage is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Discounts for married couples - Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on car insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? - There are many additional coverages that can waste your money if you aren't careful. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Alarm systems lower premiums - Selecting a car model with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Safeguard your assets with liability insurance - The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Can't I compare prices from local La Verne auto insurance agents?
Many people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower prices and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in La Verne.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in La Verne who will give you quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in La Verne can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rates, you need to compare prices from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
These agents can only write with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Choosing an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in California?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the potentially high cost of auto insurance, buying auto insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average driver in California overpays more than $750 every year so it's important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
A little work can save a LOT of money
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to lower your auto insurance prices in La Verne. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. The cheapest auto insurance in La Verne can be purchased online in addition to many La Verne insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Additional information is available at the links below
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Oakland, California? (FAQ)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)