How long has it been since you compared quotes for lower-priced car insurance rates in Huntington Beach, CA? Finding low-cost insurance for your car in California can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to save time.
There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online and we'll show you the proper way to compare rates on a and find the lowest price from both online companies and Huntington Beach agents.
Quoting and buying the best insurance coverage in Huntington Beach is actually quite simple. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to lower your rates without having to cut coverage. Shoppers just have to understand the most time-saving way to find the lowest price on the web.
Cheap Huntington Beach car insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Drivers Education - Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Huntington Beach can save you money because maintaining a house is proof of financial responsibility.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage could earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
Popular car insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- American Family has savings for multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, good driver, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include accident-free, multi-policy, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and good student.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for automatic seat belts, good student, defensive driver, teen driver, student driver, and 55 and older.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, switch companies, pay in full, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, teen driver, and mature driver.
- Allstate offers discounts including anti-theft, farm vehicle, good payer, auto/life discount, and utility vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not be offered in your area. For a list of car insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Huntington Beach, follow this link.
The quickest method to get rate comparisons utilizes the fact most insurance companies allow for online access to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is provide details such as distance driven, whether you are single or married, an estimate of your credit level, and what you do for a living. That rating information is instantly submitted to many different companies and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
To find lower rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Huntington Beach.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If you want the best car insurance in California, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,462||$731||$122|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,578||$789||$132|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,706||$853||$142|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,028||$514||$86|
|Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$1,194||$597||$100|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,576||$788||$131|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$2,018||$1,009||$168|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,676||$838||$140|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,758||$879||$147|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates considerably.
When buying car insurance, a common question is how high should the deductibles for physical damage be. The comparison tables below can help show the price difference between low and high insurance deductibles. The first table uses a $100 deductible for physical damage and the second set of rates uses a $500 deductible.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$332||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,767||$147|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$332||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,767||$147|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$380||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,815||$151|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$380||$932||$442||$26||$132||$1,937||$161|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$242||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,388||$116|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$242||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,388||$116|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$278||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,424||$119|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$278||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,508||$126|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in Huntington Beach location which can modify rates significantly.
Based on this data, using a $100 deductible could cost the average driver approximately $31 more each month or $372 for a full year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $400 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you average at a minimum 13 months between claims, you would more than likely save some money if you elect the higher deductible.
Why your rate might be higher
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find better car insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
Raise physical damage deductibles and save - Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be.
Your address can impact price - Living in a small town has it's advantages when insuring your vehicles. City drivers have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident.
Use but don't abuse your insurance - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance companies in California provide lower rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is intended for larger claims.
Liability coverage is critical - The liability section of your policy kicks in if you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Annual miles is a factor - The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos left parked in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. It's a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Only buy what you need - Insurance policies have a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren't diligent. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and membership fees may be costing you every month. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Cheaper rates for prior coverage - Letting your insurance expire is a sure-fire way to bump up your car insurance costs. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Insurance agents near you
Many drivers prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Huntington Beach.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Huntington Beach who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When researching a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agencies in Huntington Beach can either be exclusive or independent. Both types of agents can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Selecting an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
After receiving acceptable answers to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind consumers can terminate coverage whenever you choose to so don't think that you are obligated to a specific agent for any length of time.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Huntington Beach, insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
We just covered many ideas to get a better price on car insurance in Huntington Beach. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest auto insurance rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you quote Huntington Beach auto insurance, make sure you don't buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in San Bernardino, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Long Beach, CA? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Santa Ana, California? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Fresno, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)