Are you at wits end from scraping the payment together to pay car insurance each month? You are in the same boat as millions of other people.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. California insurance shoppers can save approximately 35% each year by just shopping around, but they don't believe how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies. Because there are so many options, it is hard for the average consumer to find a more affordable insurance company.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Glendora is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the following tips. Vehicle owners just need to understand how to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes is to know the trick most of the bigger providers provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information including if the vehicle is leased, the ages of drivers, your general credit rating, and your job. The rating information gets sent immediately to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Glendora, CA. To locate cheap auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,488||$744||$124|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,310||$655||$109|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,196||$598||$100|
|Ford Edge Limited AWD||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,500||$750||$125|
|GMC Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,906||$953||$159|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$2,022||$1,011||$169|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise price quotes greatly.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The chart below shows the difference between auto insurance costs for male and female drivers in Glendora. The prices are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Hyundai Sonata Limited.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The information below shows how speeding tickets and accidents influence Ford Fusion insurance costs for different age categories. The information is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Verify you're receiving every discount
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with multiple cars on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Good Students Pay Less - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles may allow you to get lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don't profit that way. Any amount of discount will lower your overall bill.
Large insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include age of vehicle, type of vehicle, multi-policy, good student, location of vehicle, and multi-car.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for defensive driving, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts including five-year accident-free, federal employee, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including pay-in-full, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and multi-car.
Check with all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Discounts may not be offered everywhere.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the high cost, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $855 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.