Are you irritated from paying out the nose to buy auto insurance? Your situation is no different than many other California drivers.
Shockingly, almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. California drivers could save an average of nearly $469 each year just by shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to compare rates and save money.
Multiple insurers compete for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest rate on Honda CR-Z insurance in San Jose.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time. When buying auto insurance it's important to understand a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine auto insurance rates. When you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you cheaper rates.
Mature drivers are lower risk - Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.Teen drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
Never let your policy expire - Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse can be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage could result in fines and jail time.
Job and insurance rates - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupational choices like military generals, police officers, and accountants generally have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Gender is a factor - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males are in fender benders at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Save by driving vehicles with better crash test results - Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Honda CR-Z is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Protect yourself with liability coverage - The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you when you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Loss probability for a Honda CR-Z - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-Z Hybrid||106||87||83||98|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When looking for affordable Honda CR-Z insurance quotes, there are a couple ways of comparing rates from local San Jose auto insurance companies. The best way to find competitive Honda CR-Z insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the advice and guidance of a local agency. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but have a local agent actually write the policy. When comparing auto insurance rates, know that having more price comparisons helps you find more affordable insurance. Some smaller insurers do not give San Jose CR-Z insurance quotes online, so it's necessary to compare price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. To find the cheapest auto insurance in CA, it's highly recommended you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
The ad said I'd save $397 a year!
Popular auto insurance providers such as Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the companies seem to make the promise about saving some big amount if you change your coverage to them. How is it plausible that every one can save you money on Honda CR-Z insurance in San Jose? This is the way they can do it.
Different companies offer their best rates for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. An example of this type of driver could possibly be a female over age 40, has never had a claim, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any driver who meets those qualifications will probably get cheap prices and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who are not a match for the "perfect" profile will have to pay higher prices and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "people that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that kind of money. That's why insurance companies can confidently make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
Because of the profiling, you should compare price quotes frequently. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance in California serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheap Honda CR-Z insurance in San Jose with discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Driver Training Discounts - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags can get savings as much as 30%.
- Memberships - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could qualify for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get reduced rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
Companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
If you want affordable San Jose car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in San Jose. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer discounts in California, follow this link.
Local San Jose auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is still important in San Jose.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in San Jose that provide free San Jose car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Listed below are San Jose auto insurance companies that may be able to provide price quote information for Honda CR-Z insurance in San Jose.
Picking an company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
If you get reasonable responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found a company that is a good match to insure your vehicles. But keep in mind it's your coverage and you can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don't assume you're contractually obligated to a specific company for any length of time.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always remember that when buying coverage online or from an agent, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Should I rate my Honda CR-Z as pleasure use or commute?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Persistent drivers can save
When searching for cheaper San Jose car insurance quotes, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can get a better price on Honda CR-Z insurance in San Jose. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Additional information can be read below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Mazda CX-7 in California? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)