Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used car in California could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for a and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Rocklin insurance agents.
Auto insurance companies offering low-cost prices in California
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Rocklin, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$1,832||$916||$153|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$1,690||$845||$141|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,204||$602||$100|
|GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$1,390||$695||$116|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,700||$850||$142|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,028||$514||$86|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$2,096||$1,048||$175|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,302||$651||$109|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific zip code location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates considerably.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The chart below shows the difference between auto insurance rates for male and female drivers in Rocklin. The premiums assume no claims or violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in on a Hyundai Sonata GLS.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the difference between Hyundai Elantra car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Hyundai Elantra replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Score discounts on Rocklin insurance
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Professional Memberships - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Accident Waiver - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Renewal Discounts - A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You may see this discount when you get Rocklin car insurance quotes online.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better insurance rates.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Rocklin car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Rocklin car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Online Discount - Many insurance companies will provide an incentive get Rocklin car insurance on their website.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. But any discount will lower your overall premium however.
Auto insurance companies that may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be offered in Rocklin. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Auto insurance is unique, just like you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you could use an agent's help.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- If my car is totalled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Rocklin auto insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Rocklin that provide free Rocklin car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you need to get a price quote for a specific company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Rocklin will have answers to these questions.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How are they compensated?
- Does their agency support local causes in Rocklin?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
If you want to use a local Rocklin insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it's important to point out the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive agents can only provide one company's prices such as Allstate and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same agent mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Insurance advertising tricks
California drivers can't get away from ads that promise big savings from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies state the claim about saving some big amount if you just switch your car insurance coverage to their company.
How can each company charge you less for auto insurance? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of customer that will generate a profit. For instance, a profitable risk profile might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has had continuous coverage, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Someone who fits that profile may get the lowest auto insurance rates in Rocklin and is almost guaranteed to cut their car insurance rates if they switch.
Consumers who don't meet the ideal profile will be quoted higher prices and this can result in the customer buying from someone else. The ads state "drivers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save the amount stated. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. Because of these techniques, you really need to compare rate quotes every year. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will have the best prices for your profile.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
While you're price shopping online, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to lower your auto insurance premium rates in Rocklin. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Rocklin car insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Some auto insurance companies don't offer price quotes online and these regional carriers work with local independent agents. Discount auto insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Rocklin, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in San Jose, California? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)