Searching for budget-priced quotes is impossible for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing prices on the web. With a ridiculous number of insurers to choose from, how can Vista drivers have a chance to compare every company to locate lower insurance premiums?
Remarkably, a study showed that over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,400, California drivers can save as much as 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare other rate quotes.
It's a good idea to take a look at other company's rates occasionally since rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best deal on insurance last year you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because it's time to teach you the easiest way to find lower rates on insurance.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates is to know the trick car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. All you need to do is provide a little information like daily mileage, if a SR-22 is needed, deductibles desired, and any included safety features. The data is then sent to multiple companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To find lower rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. If your goal is to find the best car insurance in California, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$1,184||$592||$99|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,106||$553||$92|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,276||$638||$106|
|Ford Edge SEL 2WD||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,072||$536||$89|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,958||$979||$163|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,606||$803||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can influence premiums considerably.
Higher deductibles save money
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Honda Pilot insurance costs for different age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Honda Pilot rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Components of your insurance policy rates
Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are some of the items car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
Lower rates come with age - Young drivers in California have a tendency to be more careless when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
Poor credit rating equals high rates - Credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. If your credit is low, you may save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
Add-on coverages that may not be needed - Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't diligent. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Rates impacted by your city - Choosing to live in a small town can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large California cities regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving means higher likelihood of an accident.
Get cheaper premiums after the wedding - Your spouse may save some money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Keep policy claims to a minimum - Insurance companies in California provide discounts to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse - Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Get cheaper car insurance with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there's a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Sign Early and Save - A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Vista auto insurance online.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Buy New and Save - Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Vista auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-policy, driver training, multi-vehicle, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, accident-free, good driver, good student, claim-free, defensive driver
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- American Family may offer discounts for defensive driver, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, good driver, early bird, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in your state. For a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Vista, click this link.
Persistent drivers can save
While you're price shopping online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just learned a lot of techniques to shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, high prices, not issuing a premium refund or extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Fontana, California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Oxnard, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Cruze? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Santa Ana, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Forester in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Immigrants in California? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Irvine, California? (FAQ)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)