Want to learn how to save money and find cheaper auto insurance rates in Turlock, CA? If you are new to online auto insurance, it's easy to get baffled due to the large selection of insurers selling insurance in Turlock.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Many consumers in California could save themselves about $500 a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest price on auto insurance a year ago you may be paying too much now. You'll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance online, but you can learn some tested techniques to buy auto insurance cheaper in Turlock.
Our objective is to instruct you on how car insurance companies work and how you can save the most money. If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you're about to learn. Although California vehicle owners do need to learn how the larger insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
Companies offering cheap rates in California
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Turlock, CA. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in California, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,496||$748||$125|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$2,006||$1,003||$167|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,902||$951||$159|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,672||$836||$139|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,356||$678||$113|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,496||$748||$125|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,402||$701||$117|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,704||$852||$142|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Toyota Tacoma 2WD||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise prices greatly.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can impact Honda Accord insurance rates for different age groups. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why your premium might be higher
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or your commute time. It's important that you understand a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
- Lower stress equals lower rates - Jobs such as lawyers, social workers and emergency personnel have the highest average rates due to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like farmers, historians and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up prices - If you tend to file frequent claims, don't be surprised to see higher rates. Car insurance companies in California generally give lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Bad credit will cost you - An insured's credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit score can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings.
- Single vs. married - Being married may cut your premiums compared to being single. It translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Deter vehicle theft - Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop auto theft.
Take advantage of every insurance discount
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that may be available. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you're paying more than you need to.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles could qualify for substantially lower rates.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Turlock could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Some companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts are:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not apply in Turlock.
Local Turlock insurance agencies
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Turlock.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Turlock that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Turlock can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to include price quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with less well-known companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on the products they sell which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Selecting an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Turlock should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and comparing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What are good deductibles for a vehicle?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on auto insurance in Turlock. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Turlock car insurance quotes. You may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you quote Turlock car insurance, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More information is located at these links:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Students in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- How Much is California Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for High Mileage Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)