Would you like to stop wasting money and find cheaper insurance rates in Moorpark, CA? Finding low cost insurance can be frustrating for drivers who are beginners to comparing rates online. There are so many options available that it can easily be a difficult mission to compare prices on insurance.
It's shocking but almost 70% of drivers in California have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never quoted insurance rates at all. Drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by roughly $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know how much they could save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It's a great practice to shop coverage around as often as possible because insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate on insurance a year ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to find out the tricks you need to know to find great coverage at a great price.
Most of the larger companies like State Farm and Allstate provide prices for coverage on their websites. Getting quotes doesn't take much effort as you simply type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. When complete, their system automatically orders your credit score and driving record and generates a price.
Using the web to get rates makes comparing rates easy, and it's absolutely necessary to do this in order to get affordable prices.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input your coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will get a fair comparison using the exact same coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in California, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,524||$762||$127|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Ford F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$1,354||$677||$113|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,438||$719||$120|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,624||$812||$135|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,800||$900||$150|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$1,490||$745||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can influence prices significantly.
Where to set your deductibles
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Chevrolet Malibu insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Get cheaper rates on insurance with these discounts
Some providers don't list every discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you're paying more than you need to.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who are attending college and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles could qualify for substantially lower rates.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow driving data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking time to complete a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for better insurance rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
One last thing about discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower your premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- 21st Century has discounts for automatic seat belts, student driver, theft prevention, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, good driver, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and good student.
- Nationwide offers discounts for good student, accident-free, defensive driving, easy pay, and multi-policy.
- Esurance may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, anti-theft, DriveSense, multi-policy, homeowner, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford offers discounts including driver training, anti-theft, good student, defensive driver, bundle, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
If you need inexpensive Moorpark auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in Moorpark. To locate companies with discount rates in California, click here.
Don't I need to contact an insurance agency?
Some people still like to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Moorpark who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Moorpark, get answers to these questions.
- How long has the business existed?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
If you want a reliable insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Upon receiving satisfactory answers and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy. Just keep in mind once you purchase a policy you can cancel a policy whenever you want so never feel you are locked into any specific company for the entire policy term.
How much auto insurance do I need?
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Eight factors that affect insurance costs
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Being married is a bonus - Having a significant other can get you a discount when shopping for car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Higher prices for car insurance lapses - Driving your car without having proper coverage is a big no-no and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you fines and jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California DMV.
Liability coverage - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Too many car insurance claims drive up prices - If you file a lot of claims you shouldn't be surprised to get higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in California generally give discounts to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Good credit equals lower premiums - An insured's credit score can be an important factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you may save money insuring your vehicle by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit scores.
Gender and insurance rates - Statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both sexes cause fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
How do annual miles impact rates? - Driving a lot of miles annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your car insurance coverage states the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
Careless drivers pay higher costs - Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Good drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who get license-revoking violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost in Moorpark, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheap coverage is out there
You just learned many tips how you can save on auto insurance in Moorpark. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from the least-expected company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Cost effective auto insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- How Much are California Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Business Use in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)