Are you doing reasearch to find the cheapest insurance rates in Irvine, CA? Trying to come up with a payment for expensive insurance can stress out your budget and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing rate quotes is recommended to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Astonishing but true, most drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Irvine could pocket $470 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company. There are many auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it's nice to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to adequately compare rates.
Car insurance companies offering cheap rate quotes in California
The companies shown below provide price quotes in Irvine, CA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,790||$895||$149|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$2,178||$1,089||$182|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$1,608||$804||$134|
|Ford Edge SEL 2WD||$1,462||$731||$122|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$1,484||$742||$124|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,704||$852||$142|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$2,128||$1,064||$177|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,664||$832||$139|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$2,022||$1,011||$169|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$1,608||$804||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific Irvine garaging location which can decrease or increase prices greatly.
Auto insurance rates by gender and age
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers in Irvine. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Nissan Altima Hybrid.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Dodge Ram insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Dodge Ram rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Take advantage of these discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be available discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before being credited. If they aren't giving you every credit possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance on a new car can be considerably cheaper since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Senior Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive a slight reduction on a Irvine car insurance quote.
- Data Collection Discounts - People who choose to allow driving data collection to analyze where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- College Student Discount - College-age children who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Early Signing - Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate may have discounts that include defensive driver, EZ pay plan discount, premier plus, resident student, utility vehicle, economy car, and senior citizen.
- SAFECO discounts include multi-car, safe driver, accident prevention training, homeowner, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, good student, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-car, good student, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
If you want inexpensive Irvine car insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Irvine.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Irvine car insurance agent
A lot of people would rather have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Irvine who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to find an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Irvine should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Where are claims handled?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Irvine?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Irvine?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How long has their agency been in business in Irvine?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
If you want to use a reputable agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents in Irvine can be described as either independent or exclusive. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance prices, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
If you feel you receive good answers for all questions you ask and cheap Irvine car insurance quotes, you may have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to service your policy.
You can find cheap coverage
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to reduce car insurance auto insurance rates online in Irvine. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don't buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for High School Students in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Oxnard, California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in California? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)