Want a free price quotes on low-cost insurance rates in La Mirada, CA? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a car in California can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage on a and get the best price possible.
A recent insurance study revealed that most consumers in California have been with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never quoted insurance rates at all. American drivers could save themselves about 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rates online.
Getting a more affordable price on insurance can be relatively painless. Just invest a little time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in La Mirada, CA. To buy the best auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,276||$638||$106|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$1,350||$675||$113|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,670||$835||$139|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,496||$748||$125|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,494||$747||$125|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,648||$824||$137|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,490||$745||$124|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,222||$611||$102|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,230||$615||$103|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by gender and age
The information below illustrates the difference between insurance prices for male and female drivers in La Mirada. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration on a Hyundai Sonata GLS.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Chevrolet Malibu premium costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts for affordable auto insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Drive Less and Save - Low annual miles can qualify you for slightly better rates than normal.
- Good Student - Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Multi-policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you cheap La Mirada auto insurance.
- Student in College - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for better auto insurance rates.
It's important to note that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you're out of luck.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and multiple autos.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, youthful driver, good student, business and professional, multi-car, switch companies, and distant student.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, driver training, federal employee, air bags, good student, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- American Family discounts include early bird, TimeAway discount, good driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- Nationwide offers discounts including business or organization, family plan, multi-policy, defensive driving, anti-theft, good student, and easy pay.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policies in La Mirada. To find providers that offer discounts in La Mirada, click this link.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in La Mirada, paying for car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is wasting up to $869 every year so compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.