Would you like to stop wasting money and find more affordable auto insurance rates in Fremont, CA? Fremont consumers have options when looking for affordable car insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to compare auto insurance rates so you're going to learn the best way to quote coverages for a new or used and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Fremont agents.
It's a great practice to compare rates quite often because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on auto insurance six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to learn the only way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Discounts for lower Fremont insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Driver Safety - Completing a safe driver class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
One last thing about discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, good student, anti-theft, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- Nationwide may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, family plan, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, and military active duty.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include good student, student driver, defensive driver, teen driver, automatic seat belts, and homeowners.
- The Hartford discounts include anti-theft, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, and air bag.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts can lower your rates. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your area. To view providers who offer discounts in Fremont, click here to view.
All the larger auto insurance companies allow you to get coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Doing online price comparisons is pretty painless as you simply enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. Once entered, their rating system will order your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on these and other factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to do this if you are searching for the cheapest price on auto insurance.
In order to find out what other companies charge, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you complete the form with the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you will have an apples-to-apples comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in California. To get the best cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,538||$769||$128|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,766||$883||$147|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,836||$918||$153|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,538||$769||$128|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,002||$501||$84|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$868||$434||$72|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,508||$754||$126|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4WD 4-Dr||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,620||$810||$135|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise premiums considerably.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents raise Honda Civic insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Buying from car insurance agents
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the best rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Fremont.
After completing this simple form, your information is sent to insurance agents in Fremont who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You don't have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Fremont, get answers to these questions.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
Don't give up on cheap rates
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies sell through independent agents. Low-cost car insurance in Fremont is definitely available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
You just learned many ways to get a better price on car insurance in Fremont. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
More information can be found below:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teachers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Los Angeles, CA? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)