If you are new to online auto insurance, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the vast assortment of online auto insurance companies and websites who all claim to have the lowest rates for Ford Focus insurance in San Jose.
Sadly, about 70% of customers have been with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in the U.S. could save approximately 46.5% each year by just shopping around, but most just don't grasp the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
To find low cost quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many different California insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the lowest rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps increase your odds of locating better pricing. Some companies don't provide San Jose Focus insurance quotes online, so you also need to get rates on coverage from those companies, too.
The following companies offer quotes in California. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in California, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$322||$672||$450||$26||$134||$1,604||$134|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$332||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,618||$135|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$324||$930||$534||$32||$160||$1,980||$165|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$324||$930||$534||$32||$160||$1,980||$165|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$326||$834||$564||$34||$168||$1,926||$161|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$418||$524||$32||$156||$1,312||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter coverage rates substantially.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Focus auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact formula for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Focus replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Raise deductibles and save
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Ford Focus premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Affordable Ford Focus insurance in San Jose
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for better car insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Drivers Education - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a San Jose auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
It's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way. Any amount of discount will help lower your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may include these discounts possibly include:
If you want the cheapest Ford Focus rate quotes, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To view providers who offer free Ford Focus insurance quotes in California, click here.
Here's why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Focus in San Jose, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When quoting and comparing a policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What if I total my Ford Focus and owe more than it's worth?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Compare prices but buy from a local San Jose insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from small agencies is important especially in San Jose.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. You won't even need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to you. You'll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local San Jose insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in San Jose can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you include independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also write with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in San Jose that can give you rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
1625 The Alameda Ste 402 - San Jose, CA 95126 - (408) 656-0034 - View Map
- Gatewood Insurance Agency Inc
1095 Bird Ave #2 - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 298-1611 - View Map
- Cya Insurance Agency From Sn
1271 Story Rd #50 - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 971-4172 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are San Jose exclusive agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Debbie Yang - State Farm Insurance Agent
3484 Stevens Creek Blvd Ste A - San Jose, CA 95117 - (408) 261-1623 - View Map
- Steve Sosnowski - State Farm Insurance Agent
841 Blossom Hill Rd #102 - San Jose, CA 95123 - (408) 629-4700 - View Map
- Doug Kim - State Farm Insurance Agent
1361 S Winchester Blvd #107 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 370-2008 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires more thought than just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- When do they do a full risk review?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How are they compensated?
Upon receiving positive responses to any questions you have as well as cheap Focus insurance quotes, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can adequately provide car insurance.