Are you tired of trying to find the cheapest Ford Escape insurance in San Jose? Finding the best price on San Jose auto insurance can seem difficult if you haven't ever used online price comparisons. Don't let that bother you because comparing prices is actually very simple.
A recent survey discovered that a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. San Jose drivers could save roughly 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
Consumers need to quote other rates every six months because auto insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best premium rates on Ford Escape insurance in San Jose a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the tricks you need to know to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Comparison shopping for affordable auto insurance in San Jose is not as confusing as people think. In essence, every car owner who wants cheaper auto insurance will find a lower price. But California drivers must learn how insurance companies determine premium rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
Companies offering Ford Escape insurance in California
The car insurance companies shown below offer price comparisons in California. To locate cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$368||$694||$508||$30||$152||$1,752||$146|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$286||$534||$488||$28||$146||$1,482||$124|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$276||$382||$492||$30||$148||$1,328||$111|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$266||$402||$360||$22||$108||$1,158||$97|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$310||$434||$386||$22||$116||$1,268||$106|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$332||$564||$384||$22||$114||$1,416||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence rates noticeably.
Physical damage deductibles
The chart below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Escape insurance premiums for each age group. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Take policy discounts and save on Ford Escape insurance in San Jose
Some companies don't always advertise all possible discounts very well, so the list below contains some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy San Jose car insurance online.
- College Student - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Paper-free Discount - Many companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on their website.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying insurance for all your vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Good Grades - A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some insurance companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Escape insurance policy expiration. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Homeowners Savings - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Professional Organizations - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a San Jose car insurance quote.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Car insurance companies that may include these money-saving discounts are:
When comparing rates, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheaper prices but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in San Jose.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in San Jose who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because prices are sent to your email. You'll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy insurance from a local San Jose insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in San Jose who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Taylor Benefits Insurance Agency
4820 Harwood Rd #130 - San Jose, CA 95124 - (408) 358-7502 - View Map
- All Spectrum Insurance Brokers
4010 Moorpark Ave #117 - San Jose, CA 95117 - (408) 604-0092 - View Map
- Khalsa Insurance Agency
3750 McKee Rd A - San Jose, CA 95127 - (408) 272-2500 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are trained well on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in San Jose that can give you price quotes.
- Van (Von) Le - State Farm Insurance Agent
301 N Jackson Ave #12 - San Jose, CA 95133 - (408) 259-8826 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David Tofig
6116 Camino Verde Dr Ste 9 - San Jose, CA 95119 - (408) 281-9190 - View Map
- Al Olseen - State Farm Insurance Agent
3267 S White Rd - San Jose, CA 95148 - (408) 274-4900 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Discount Ford Escape insurance in San Jose is possible online and from local agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and many times these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for Ford Escape insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in California? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Huntington Beach, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are California Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Immigrants in California? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)