Searching for cheaper insurance rates in San Jose, CA? San Jose buyers have options when searching for the lowest priced Subaru Forester insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to compare rates for a Subaru and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and San Jose agents.
A recent insurance study revealed that almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never shopped around. Many drivers in California could save up to 35% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
This article's intent is to tell you how to compare rates easily and some tips to save money. If you have a policy now, you will be able to find the best rates using these techniques. Comparison shoppers only need an understanding of the proper way to shop their coverage around online.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some companies don't necessarily list every discount very clearly, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy with one insurance company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Military Rewards - Having a family member in the military could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few auto insurance companies allow discounts for switching to them early. It could save around 10% when you buy San Jose auto insurance online.
- No Claim Discounts - San Jose drivers who stay claim-free pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts - Participating in a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on auto insurance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your auto insurance premiums.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-policy, loyalty savings, multi-vehicle, driver training, and safe driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, bundled insurance, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and good driver.
- Esurance discounts include anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, online shopper, claim free, multi-policy, and safety device.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, switch companies, youthful driver, multi-car, and business and professional.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, good student, defensive driving training, good driver, accident-free, passive restraint, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When getting free San Jose auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies with the best discounts in California, click this link.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates for Subaru Forester insurance in San Jose is to realize most insurance companies will pay a fee to give free rates quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including how you use your vehicles, the year, make and model of vehicles, if a SR-22 is required, and level of coverage desired. The data is then sent to many highly-rated insurers and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
To compare rates for your car now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in San Jose, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forester X AWD||$242||$386||$354||$20||$106||$1,108||$92|
|Forester X Premium AWD||$264||$446||$508||$30||$152||$1,400||$117|
|Forester X Premium AWP AWD||$350||$530||$386||$22||$116||$1,404||$117|
|Forester X Limited Edition AWD||$228||$354||$424||$26||$128||$1,160||$97|
|Forester X Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$268||$454||$354||$20||$106||$1,202||$100|
|Forester XT AWD||$390||$624||$386||$22||$116||$1,538||$128|
|Forester XT Limited Edition AWD||$468||$930||$454||$26||$136||$2,014||$168|
|Forester XT Limited Edition W/Navigation AWD||$370||$698||$424||$26||$128||$1,646||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise premiums significantly.
Subaru Forester insurance costs by age and gender
The example below shows the comparison of Subaru Forester car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to buying a policy for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Who is covered when they drive my Subaru Forester?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rates but work with a local San Jose insurance agent
Some people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in San Jose.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to companies in San Jose that can provide free San Jose auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
San Jose auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are wanting to find a local agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in San Jose who may provide price quotes.
- Oasis Insurance Agency Inc. Branch 4
1629 Alum Rock Ave - San Jose, CA 95116 - (408) 929-6111 - View Map
- Mission Counties Insurance Agency
1777 Hamilton Ave - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 979-8160 - View Map
- All Spectrum Insurance Brokers
4010 Moorpark Ave #117 - San Jose, CA 95117 - (408) 604-0092 - View Map
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company's rates like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people use the same agent mostly because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in San Jose willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance
1080 Minnesota Ave # 4 - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 294-4348 - View Map
- Al Olseen - State Farm Insurance Agent
3267 S White Rd - San Jose, CA 95148 - (408) 274-4900 - View Map
- Kathy Barber - State Farm Insurance Agent
5615 Cottle Rd - San Jose, CA 95123 - (408) 365-7268 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is there a local claims center in San Jose?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Quote. Compare. Save.
We just showed you a lot of ways to save on Subaru Forester insurance in San Jose. The key concept to understand is the more you quote San Jose auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Cheaper insurance in San Jose is possible both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Anaheim, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in California? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)