Do you need a fast way to compare lower-priced Hyundai Tucson insurance in San Jose? If you're new to shopping for San Jose auto insurance quotes online, you can easily be overwhelmed thanks to the incredible selection of online car insurance companies and websites who claim to have the best car insurance rates.
Shockingly, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. San Jose insurance shoppers could pocket nearly $469 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare rates online.
To find affordable Hyundai Tucson insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare quotes from local San Jose insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find competitive Hyundai Tucson insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. It's important to know that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance.
The car insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in San Jose, CA. To get the best car insurance in CA, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$168||$274||$456||$26||$136||$1,060||$88|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$270||$374||$450||$26||$134||$1,254||$105|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$238||$454||$464||$28||$138||$1,322||$110|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$182||$354||$464||$28||$138||$1,166||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can influence price quotes considerably.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Hyundai Tucson annual premium costs for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Discounts can help to save on Hyundai Tucson insurance in San Jose
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that many people don't even know exist. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Tucson insurance in San Jose.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you can get lower premium rates.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will help lower your premiums.
The best insurance companies and a selection of discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- American Family offers discounts for Steer into Savings, air bags, multi-vehicle, early bird, TimeAway discount, and good driver.
- GEICO has discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for teen driver, theft prevention, early bird, student driver, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
If you need cheaper San Jose auto insurance quotes, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in every state. To see insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, click this link.
When to contact an agent
A lot of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in San Jose.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in San Jose who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare rates from one company in particular, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good San Jose insurance agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a small list of independent agents in San Jose that may be able to provide free auto insurance quotes.
- All Coverage Insurance Agency
3033 Moorpark Ave #27 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 244-9100 - View Map
- Care Insurance Agency Inc
900 N 1st St E - San Jose, CA 95112 - (408) 292-2925 - View Map
- LNA Insurance Agency Inc
999 Story Rd - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 280-5815 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they have to upsell other benefits. They are trained well on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Jose that are able to give price quotes.
- Rolando Suarez - State Farm Insurance Agent
696 E Santa Clara St #110 - San Jose, CA 95112 - (408) 642-1399 - View Map
- Gurmeet Gill - State Farm Insurance Agent
151 Bernal Rd #10 - San Jose, CA 95119 - (408) 224-3737 - View Map
- Mike Myers - State Farm Insurance Agent
4855 Atherton Ave #150 - San Jose, CA 95130 - (408) 550-7868 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in San Jose?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
If you receive good responses to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is professional and can adequately provide auto insurance.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine rates.
- Premiums impacted by vehicle usage - Driving a lot of miles each year the higher your rates will be. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your Tucson may be costing you higher rates. It's a good idea to make sure your policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
- Your occupation and insurance rates - Jobs such as lawyers, executives and miners usually pay higher average rates because of high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs such as scientists, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- How your age affects rates - Drivers with little experience have been known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates. Adding a beginning driver to your insurance policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Poor credit decisions can cost you - A driver's credit history can be an important factor in determining your rates. Drivers with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you may save money insuring your Hyundai Tucson by improving your rating.
- Small coverages can add up - There are many optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren't careful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if they're wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- What are good liability limits? - Your policy's liability coverage will provide protection if you are found liable for an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Get hitched and pay less - Having a spouse may save some money on your policy. It translates into being more mature and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Insurance loss data for Hyundai Tucson vehicles - Insurers analyze the history of losses to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure. The next table shows the historical loss data for Hyundai Tucson vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Hyundai Tucson Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Tucson 4dr 2WD 80 96 66 108 110 101 Hyundai Tucson 4dr 4WD 82 102 70 109 109 109
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three good reasons to insure your Hyundai vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Tucson insurance, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your Hyundai and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper coverage is out there
There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents. Budget-conscious Hyundai Tucson insurance is possible both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
We just covered some good ideas how to reduce Hyundai Tucson insurance car insurance rates online in San Jose. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
More tips and info about insurance is located in these articles:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Good Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)