Are you researching cheaper Acura TL insurance in San Jose? Nobody I know enjoys paying for car insurance, in particular when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
It's hard to fathom, but the majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. Consumers in San Jose could cut their rates by about 35% a year just by shopping around, but most undervalue how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Since you have so many companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the best car insurance company.
It's a good idea to take a look at other company's rates yearly because rates change frequently. Even if you got the best rate on Acura TL insurance in San Jose six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you're about to find out how to use the internet to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in San Jose is actually quite simple. If you're already insured, you will be able to save money using this strategy. Although California vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies determine how much to charge and apply this information to your search.
Acura TL insurance discounts in San Jose
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before being credited.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a defensive driving class can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow driving data submission to look at when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Early Switch Discount - Select auto insurance companies give a discount for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current TL insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy San Jose auto insurance online.
- Federal Government Employee - Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote San Jose auto insurance with a few auto insurance companies.
- Student Driver Training - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
It's important to note that some credits don't apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic.
Large auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, defensive driver, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, accident-free, and early bird.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, anti-theft, multiple autos, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and safe vehicle.
- 21st Century has discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, automatic seat belts, air bags, student driver, and driver training.
- Travelers offers discounts including student away at school, good student, payment discounts, continuous insurance, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, and membership and employees.
If you want inexpensive San Jose auto insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area.
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in San Jose, CA. To locate cheap auto insurance in CA, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$332||$698||$500||$30||$150||$1,710||$143|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$304||$536||$450||$26||$134||$1,450||$121|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$186||$418||$424||$26||$126||$1,180||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease prices significantly.
Males versus Females
The information below compares Acura TL premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Acura TL auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Acura TL settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $300 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in San Jose
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents influence Acura TL insurance prices for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to talk to an agent
Some people just prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to participating agents in San Jose that give free quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer because prices are sent to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is the quote a firm price?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance policy providers can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are San Jose exclusive insurance agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to do anything. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in San Jose who can help you get price quote information.
LNA Insurance Agency Inc
999 Story Rd - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 280-5815 - View Map
San Jose Insurance
2542 S Bascom Ave - Campbell, CA 95008 - (408) 371-3700 - View Map
Upon getting good feedback and locked in a price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Persistence will pay off
Cheaper car insurance in San Jose can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood San Jose agents, so get free San Jose auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are California Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Long Beach, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Los Angeles, CA? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)