No one likes buying auto insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Amazingly, the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared auto insurance rates at all. American drivers could save themselves roughly 46.5% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes. Popular companies such as GEICO and Progressive continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company's rates periodically due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest quotes on auto insurance at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, use these money-saving tips to buy cheaper insurance without having to cut coverage. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Adelanto can be easy if you know a few tricks. Smart shoppers only have to learn the most time-saving way to compare insurance rates from many different companies online.
Companies offering low-cost rate quotes in California
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in California. To get the best car insurance in California, it's a good idea that you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,364||$682||$114|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,094||$547||$91|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$1,604||$802||$134|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,792||$896||$149|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,630||$815||$136|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$1,556||$778||$130|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,620||$810||$135|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,874||$937||$156|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact coverage rates significantly.
Physical damage deductibles
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for auto insurance is how high should the physical damage deductibles be. The rates below may help to illustrate how much more rates are when you select higher and lower policy deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $250 physical damage coverage deductible and the second rate chart uses a $500 deductible.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise prices greatly.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $250 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $18 more each month or $216 annually than opting for the higher $500 deductible. Because you would pay $250 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you normally go at a minimum 14 months between claim filings, you would save more money if you opt for a higher deductible.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The chart below compares yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers in Adelanto. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied on a Honda Accord LX-P.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Smart buyers can cut their auto insurance rates
Multiple criteria are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious such as your marital status or your financial responsibility.
The items below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
How many miles do you drive? - The more you drive your car in a year's time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct driver usage.
Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking - Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
Never allow your coverage to lapse - Driving any period of time without insurance is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
Obey driving laws and save - Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Just one ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with serious citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Poor credit history equals high premiums - Credit rating can be an important factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have worse credit. So if your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
Premiums are lower the older you get - Teenage drivers in California have a tendency to be easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Avoid unnecessary add-on coverages - There are a ton of additional extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Insurance for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they're wasting money eliminate them to save money.
Get cheaper auto insurance with discounts
Auto insurance companies don't always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Government Employee Discount - Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Claim Free - Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Buy New and Save - Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Adelanto car insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Adelanto car insurance quote.
- 55 and Retired - Seniors may receive a slight reduction on a Adelanto car insurance quote.
- Club Memberships - Participating in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, multi-policy, membership and employees, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include age of vehicle, professional/association, multi-policy, ease of repair, multi-car, and type of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, good student, switch companies, homeowner, distant student, electronic funds transfer, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for teen driver, paperless, good student, safe vehicle, and company car.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver discount, new move discount, exclusive group savings, good student, multi-policy, newly married, and new graduate.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-theft, accident prevention training, homeowner, and multi-car.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- USAA has discounts for loyalty savings, family discount, defensive driver, military installation, multi-policy, good student, and new vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in every state. For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in California, click here to view.
Can't I compare rates from local Adelanto insurance agencies?
A small number of people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local agents is important particularly in Adelanto.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Adelanto who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to leave your house because prices are sent instantly to you. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
If you are wanting to find a local insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Adelanto can be classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing rates, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents generally can only insure with one company like Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When choosing coverage, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Lower rates by being persistent
We've covered quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper coverage online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When searching for affordable Adelanto car insurance quotes, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Glendale, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in San Francisco, California? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)