Finding better insurance prices for a car in California can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can use our insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There is a better way to shop for insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your and get the cheapest rates from Pico Rivera insurance agents and online providers.
It is always a good idea to compare rates on a regular basis because insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you found the best rate on insurance a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we're going to demonstrate the easiest way to buy cheaper insurance.
Get cheaper rates by earning discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Pico Rivera auto insurance online.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new car is cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Data Collection Discounts - Policyholders that allow their company to look at driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are:
- State Farm has savings for good driver, passive restraint, student away at school, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, driver's education, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including good student, new move discount, newly retired, new graduate, and safety features.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, defensive driver, good student, Steer into Savings, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, mature driver, bundle discounts, good student, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for group or association, good student, multiple vehicles, student away at school, paid in full, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, accident prevention training, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and drive less.
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. If you would like to view insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, follow this link.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in California. To find cheap auto insurance in California, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,428||$714||$119|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,716||$858||$143|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,376||$688||$115|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$986||$493||$82|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,680||$840||$140|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,674||$837||$140|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,148||$574||$96|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,928||$964||$161|
|Honda Odyssey EX||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$1,538||$769||$128|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,568||$784||$131|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,978||$989||$165|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,904||$952||$159|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates considerably.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can raise GMC Acadia insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
What if I want to buy from local Pico Rivera insurance agents?
Some consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get better rates and also buy local. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Pico Rivera.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Pico Rivera that give free quotes for your business. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you need to find a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Pico Rivera can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can write car insurance policies, but it's good to learn how they are different since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's a good idea to compare quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Once you have positive feedback to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you've probably found an insurance agent that meets the criteria to service your policy. Keep in mind you can always cancel a policy whenever you want so never assume that you're stuck with any particular company with no way out.
Compare but don't skimp
Cost effective car insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Pico Rivera auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies don't offer rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When searching for low cost Pico Rivera auto insurance quotes, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Forte in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are California Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Car Insurance for a Ford F-150? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)