There isn't anyone who rejoices having to buy insurance, particularly when the prices are way too high.
Unthinkable but true, most insurance buyers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average insurance premium being $1,387, Duarte drivers could cut their rates by about $470 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they just switched companies.
Due to the large number of options, it can be diffult for people to pick the best insurer.
It's important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online price quotes, so you should also compare rates from them, too.
The car insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Duarte, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$2,178||$1,089||$182|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$1,662||$831||$139|
|Ford Edge Limited 2WD||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$992||$496||$83|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,528||$764||$127|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,590||$795||$133|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$2,022||$1,011||$169|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,744||$872||$145|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$2,022||$1,011||$169|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,202||$601||$100|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific location information which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates substantially.
Analysis of deductible levels
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Ford F-150 insurance rates for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The information below shows the comparison of Honda Civic premium costs with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for dropping physical damage coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Honda Civic book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most banks will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
You may qualify for discounts
Some companies don't always list every disount available very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Duarte auto insurance online. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Telematics Data - Duarte drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage remotely such as State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used car can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Duarte auto insurance with certain companies.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for safe driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, renewal discount, and driver training.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may include discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- American Family may have discounts that include good student, defensive driver, air bags, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, good student, and seat belt use.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, accident-free, safe vehicle, anti-theft, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
If you are trying to find affordable Duarte auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your state. If you would like to view car insurance companies with the best discounts in Duarte, click here to view.
Compare but don't skimp
Cheaper car insurance in Duarte can be sourced both online in addition to many Duarte insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agencies.
As you quote Duarte auto insurance, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Other learning opportunities
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in California? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teachers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Auto Insurance for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are California Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)