Want a free price quotes on lower-priced auto insurance rates in Beverly Hills, CA? Tired of trying to scrape together enough money each month for auto insurance? You have the same problem as many other California consumers.
It's hard to believe, but almost 70% of insureds have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. California drivers could pocket up to $469 a year by just shopping around, but they just feel it's too hard to shop their coverage around.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company and uncover the absolute lowest rate on auto insurance.
Best companies for affordable prices in California
The providers in the list below provide quotes in California. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in California, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$2,022||$1,011||$169|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,660||$830||$138|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$1,624||$812||$135|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$1,084||$542||$90|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,710||$855||$143|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,170||$585||$98|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,084||$542||$90|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,674||$837||$140|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,018||$509||$85|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,536||$768||$128|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,792||$896||$149|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,216||$608||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in Beverly Hills location which can lower or raise coverage rates substantially.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Escape annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Ford Escape replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
How careless driving impacts auto insurance rates
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions can impact Honda Civic car insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Insurance rates and discounts
Some insurers don't always publicize every discount they offer in a way that's easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better insurance rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Paperwork-free - Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on their website.
- Memberships - Being in a civic or occupational organization in Beverly Hills is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Beverly Hills Homeowners Pay Less - Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new car is cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Some of the insurance companies that may have most of these discounts include:
Before you buy a policy, ask each company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not apply in your state.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Beverly Hills?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local Beverly Hills insurance agent
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision One of the benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates and still have a local agent.
By using this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Beverly Hills who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn't rely on just the price. Before buying a policy in Beverly Hills, get answers to these questions.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Who are their largest clients?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
If you would like to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Beverly Hills are considered either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Insurance advertising tricks
Respected companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. They all advertise claims that you can save if you just switch your coverage to them. How do they all lower your car insurance rates?
Insurance companies have specific characteristics for the right customer that will add to their bottom line. An example of a desirable risk might be described as over age 30, has few claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver that matches those criteria will most likely get cheap prices and is almost guaranteed to cut their insurance rates if they switch.
Consumers who are not a match for these criteria will be charged higher premiums which usually ends up with the customer not purchasing. The ads say "people who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how companies can state the savings. This really emphasizes why it's extremely important to do a quote comparison often. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will be your best fit.
Persistent drivers can save
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
We just covered a lot of information how to reduce car insurance premium rates online in Beverly Hills. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Chula Vista, California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in San Bernardino, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Quotes for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in California? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)