Comparing San Fernando auto insurance quotes online may appear to be difficult at first if you're new to quoting online. Don't let that stop you because using the internet to shop for car insurance is actually quite easy.
Unbelievable but true according to a study a large majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Drivers in California could save about $500 every year by just shopping around, but they think it's difficult to do a rate comparison.
The cheapest San Fernando car insurance rate quotes
The majority of larger companies such as State Farm and Allstate provide pricing directly from their websites. Comparing car insurance rates online is very simple as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. Once you submit the form, the system gets your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on the data you entered.
Getting online rate quotes makes it simple to compare prices and it's absolutely necessary to do this in order to get a lower rate.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in California. To find the cheapest car insurance in California, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,234||$617||$103|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Ford Edge Limited 2WD||$1,146||$573||$96|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$1,498||$749||$125|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,650||$825||$138|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,528||$764||$127|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,710||$855||$143|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,172||$586||$98|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,664||$832||$139|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$1,166||$583||$97|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,538||$769||$128|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,830||$915||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in specific San Fernando garaging location which can raise or lower price quotes substantially.
Where to set your deductibles
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Chevrolet Tahoe yearly insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Full coverage or liability only
The information below visualizes the comparison of Chevrolet Tahoe insurance premiums with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Tahoe replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Discount San Fernando car insurance quotes
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you're not getting every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Student in College - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from San Fernando without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down could earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds who allow their insurance company to study driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for lower premium rates.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child successfully take a driver's education course if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote San Fernando auto insurance depending on your company.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
Companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including homeowner, youthful driver, good student, teen driver, pay in full, alternative fuel, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for youthful driver, safe driver, driver training, renewal discount, good student, multi-vehicle, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple policy, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, good student, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for drive less, teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-policy, new vehicle discount, newly married, newly retired, and safety features.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To locate insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, click this link.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in San Fernando, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays as much as $869 every year so shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
When to get advice from an agent
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You'll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
When looking for a reliable agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies in San Fernando can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These agents can only provide one company's prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you will want to include price quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.