Are you tired of trying to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Pomona, CA? Getting the most affordable quotes on the web might appear difficult for people that are relatively new to buying insurance online. With more and more insurance companies available, how can anyone possibly compare every possible option in order to find the lowest price?
Astonishing but true, a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers could save an average of almost 35% each year just by shopping around, but they think it's difficult to shop around.
Consumers need to compare prices periodically because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest quotes on auto insurance a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. You'll find a ton of advice on auto insurance out there, but you can learn some good information on how to slash your auto insurance rates in Pomona.
Most companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide prices for coverage on the web. Comparing prices online is quite simple as you just type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and generates a price.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's also necessary to perform this step in order to find lower-cost car insurance pricing.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. This way, you will get a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Pomona, CA. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in California, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,796||$898||$150|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,500||$750||$125|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,146||$573||$96|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,916||$958||$160|
|Mazda 3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,652||$826||$138|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,606||$803||$134|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,664||$832||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower price quotes significantly.
Pomona insurance costs by gender and age
The information below illustrates the comparison of insurance costs for male and female drivers in Pomona. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied on a GMC Acadia SL.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The information below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
You may qualify for discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Drive Less and Save - Low annual miles may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Pomona auto insurance quote.
- Sign Online - Certain larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you cheap Pomona auto insurance.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will definitely reduce your policy premiums.
Larger car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- GEICO has discounts for membership and employees, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, and seat belt use.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multi-car, annual mileage, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, accident-free, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for homeowner, distant student, alternative fuel, mature driver, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for teen driver, multiple vehicles, paperless, paid in full, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include good student, newly married, new graduate, teen driver discount, safety features, and newly retired.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-theft, bundle discounts, safe driver, teen safe driver, multi-car, and teen safety rewards.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
- USAA has savings for driver training, loyalty savings, new vehicle, military installation, multi-policy, annual mileage, and good student.
Check with every company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Pomona. To see providers with discount rates in Pomona, follow this link.
Learn how to get auto insurance for less
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help calculate auto insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to big savings.
The itemized list below are some of the things auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Pay more out-of-pocket - Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more money you're willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Poor driving means higher costs - Drivers who don't get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Having a single ticket may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers who get dangerous citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Type of car determines base prices - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a big difference in your premium level. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Low mileage costs less - Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your auto insurance policy states the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce prices - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Gender and auto insurance premiums - Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
Safer the car lower the rate - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Local insurance agents
Many drivers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Pomona who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Pomona should be willing to answer these questions.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
Two types of Pomona auto insurance agents
If you are searching for local Pomona agents, it helps to know the two different agency structures to choose from. Agents in Pomona can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you will definitely want to contact a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
If you get reasonable responses to any questions you may have as well as low cost Pomona auto insurance quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy. Keep in mind you can cancel a policy whenever you choose to so don't assume that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy for a certain time period.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When choosing a policy, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it's worth?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Pomona?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Quote often and quote early
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Pomona can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
We just showed you a lot of ways to reduce car insurance auto insurance rates online in Pomona. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Pomona auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
More information is located below:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Glendale, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in California? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)