Would you like to buy lower-priced insurance rates in Escondido, CA? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used car in California can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for a and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Escondido agents.
Sadly, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never shopped around. Consumers in California can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rate quotes online.
Many insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm give price estimates on their websites. Doing online price comparisons is fairly simple because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Behind the scenes, the company's rating system automatically orders credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
The ability to get online quotes makes comparing rates easy, and it's absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get affordable rates.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you duplicate your coverages identical to your current policy. This way, you will receive rate quotes based on identical coverages.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in California. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,404||$702||$117|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$1,220||$610||$102|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$1,066||$533||$89|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,356||$678||$113|
|GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,028||$514||$86|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,018||$509||$85|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,474||$737||$123|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Mazda 3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,552||$776||$129|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,454||$727||$121|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can alter premiums greatly.
Car insurance prices based on gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of insurance premiums for male and female drivers in Escondido. The costs are based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied on a Honda Accord LX.
Honda Accord rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Analysis of deductible levels
One of the more difficult decisions when buying car insurance is how high should the deductibles for physical damage be. The comparison tables below can help show the price difference when you select higher and lower deductibles. The first data set uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second rate table uses a $500 deductible.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,543||$129|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,587||$132|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,587||$132|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,587||$132|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tahoe LS 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Tahoe LS 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Tahoe LT 2WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Tahoe LT 4WD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Tahoe LTZ 2WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Tahoe LTZ 4WD||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Escondido which can impact rates substantially.
Based on this data, using a $250 deductible will cost you roughly $18 more each month or $216 a year than requesting the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $250 more to settle a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go at least 14 months between claims, you would more than likely save some money by going with a higher deductible.
How to determine when to raise your deductibles
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$135|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $117|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$18|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $18|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||14 months|
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Toyota Corolla yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts for lower Escondido car insurance rates
Some insurance providers do not list all their discounts very clearly, so below is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount available, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on the same car insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver - Passing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including multi-vehicle, youthful driver, multi-policy, driver training, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, safe vehicle, student away at school, multiple autos, passive restraint, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, and online quote discount.
- Allstate includes discounts for premier plus, economy car, EZ pay plan discount, safe driver, resident student, and 55 and retired.
- Nationwide discounts include good student, accident-free, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free
If you need the cheapest Escondido car insurance quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Escondido. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Seven ways to buy insurance for less in Escondido
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Shown below are most of the major factors that factor into your premiums.
Women tend to cost less - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males cause accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
With age comes lower prices - Young drivers in California are statistically proven to get distracted easily when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
Keep insurance claims to a minimum - If you tend to file frequent claims, don't be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in California award most affordable rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you've never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
Get better rates if married - Your spouse can get you a discount on your insurance policy. Having a significant other means you're more financially stable it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles - The type of car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Lower cost passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Driving citations increase rates - Drivers who don't get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Having a single driving citation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten serious tickets like reckless driving or DUI are required to complete a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Local Escondido insurance agencies
Some consumers just want to have an agent's advice and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from local agents is definitely important in Escondido.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to companies in Escondido that can provide free Escondido car insurance quotes for your business. You won't even need to search for an agent because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is there a local claims center in Escondido?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are out there
Low-cost auto insurance in Escondido can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not have online rate quotes and many times these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
When getting Escondido car insurance quotes online, it's very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in California? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in California? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Huntington Beach, California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Glendale, California? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Santa Clarita, California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Fontana, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Bakersfield, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in California? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)