How many times have you told yourself to find low-cost car insurance rates in Baldwin Park, CA? Baldwin Park shoppers have options when shopping for the best price on car insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates on a and get the best price possible.
Locating the best rates in Baldwin Park is easy if you know what you're doing. If you have a current car insurance policy, you should be able to find better prices using the ideas you're about to read. Shoppers just need to learn the best way to shop for car insurance from many companies at once.
Baldwin Park insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates. If you're not getting every credit available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- Accident Free - Baldwin Park drivers who stay claim-free pay less as opposed to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Good Driver Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Participating in a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Club Memberships - Being in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when getting a Baldwin Park car insurance quote.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your overall bill.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO offers premium reductions for military active duty, air bags, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include annual mileage, multi-policy, good student, multi-car, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for electronic funds transfer, distant student, multi-car, early shopping, teen driver, bundle discounts, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for paid in full, mature driver, multi-policy, good student, safe driver, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, teen driver discount, and multi-car.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, accident prevention training, safe driver, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- USAA may offer discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, annual mileage, safe driver, and family discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Baldwin Park. To choose providers that offer discounts in California, follow this link.
Most companies give price estimates directly from their websites. Doing online quotes is easy for anyone as you just enter your required coverages into the form. When the form is submitted, the system requests your credit score and driving record and provides a quote.
This helps simplify price comparisons, and it's necessary to do this in order to find the best possible rates on insurance.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you duplicate your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This ensures you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$1,312||$656||$109|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$1,344||$672||$112|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,458||$729||$122|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,636||$818||$136|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$1,190||$595||$99|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,356||$678||$113|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,766||$883||$147|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,294||$647||$108|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,638||$819||$137|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,670||$835||$139|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,744||$872||$145|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$2,022||$1,011||$169|
|Toyota RAV4 Sport 2WD||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle location which can affect rates noticeably.
Analysis of deductible levels
The information below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Chevrolet Silverado yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Silverado rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
An analysis of deductible level
When buying auto insurance, a common question is how high should your deductibles be. The rates shown below can help you visualize the differences in price between low and high physical damage deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $250 physical damage coverage deductible and the second price table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in your specific Baldwin Park location which can raise or lower prices significantly.
Based on this data, using a $250 deductible costs roughly $34 more each month or $408 every year than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would have to pay $750 more out of your own pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go at least 22 months between claims, you would probably save some money if you choose a higher deductible. Here's the way you can do this calculation yourself.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$138|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $104|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$34|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $34|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||22 months|
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Baldwin Park, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, the majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Coverages available on your car insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage covers damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for hospital visits, doctor visits, pain medications, dental work and prosthetic devices. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn't cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, court costs, bail bonds, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your vehicle.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Cheap insurance premiums are possible
When getting Baldwin Park car insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-conscious insurance is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, high prices or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new company is actually quite simple.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in California? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Long Beach, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)