Want to know how to find the cheapest Kia Sorento insurance in San Jose? Saving money on Kia Sorento insurance in San Jose can seem to be quite difficult for drivers who are new to online insurance quotes. You have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can be a challenge to find better prices on Kia Sorento insurance.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can save approximately $860 each year by just shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to compare rates.
Most of the larger companies make it easy to get insurance quotes from their websites. The process is fairly simple as you just type in your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. Once entered, their rating system pulls your credit score and driving record and provides a quote determined by many factors.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Kia Sorento insurance in San Jose makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's also necessary to do this if you want to find the most affordable premium possible.
To compare pricing, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This ensures you will receive a rate comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in California. To get the best cheap auto insurance in San Jose, CA, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Sorento in San Jose, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Kia Sorento has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves your Kia Sorento and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so we recommend shopping around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Kia Sorento Insurance Rate Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates. Lots of factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Shown below are some of the factors companies use to determine prices.
Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more - The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. Because the Kia Sorento is a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in San Jose. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but your final cost has many other factors.
Premiums are affected by your credit score - Having a bad credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Sorento by repairing your credit. Insureds that have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit scores.
Minor frequent policy claims are not good - If you tend to file frequent claims, don't be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies in California generally give cheaper rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Do you work long hours in a demanding job? - Occupations such as real estate brokers, police officers, and financial analysts usually pay the highest rates because of high stress and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as professors, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Better premiums on safer cars - Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you.
With age comes responsibility - Older, more experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and get fewer tickets.Teenage drivers have a tendency to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Never let your auto insurance expire - Not having insurance can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Kia Sorento claim statistics - Insurers analyze historical claim data when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Kia Sorento Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD||80||86||82||110||111||94|
|Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD||85||87||101||97||98||85|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Check for these discounts on Kia Sorento insurance in San Jose
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might find some hidden discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- E-sign - Certain auto insurance companies provide a small discount for signing up over the internet.
- Bundle and Save - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Kia Sorento insurance rates in San Jose.
- College Student Discount - Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from San Jose without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow data collection to look at driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents pay less when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- American Family may have discounts that include accident-free, good student, air bags, multi-vehicle, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, education and occupation, good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, anti-theft, good student, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for age of vehicle, location of vehicle, professional/association, good driver, annual mileage, low natural disaster claims, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, bundle discounts, early shopping, good student, pay in full, and mature driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
Always remember that when buying your policy, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agents is still important in San Jose.
Once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in San Jose that provide free San Jose auto insurance quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in San Jose for you
If you are searching for a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in San Jose can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Jose that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- Mission Counties Insurance Agency
1777 Hamilton Ave - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 979-8160 - View Map
- Taylor Benefits Insurance Agency
4820 Harwood Rd #130 - San Jose, CA 95124 - (408) 358-7502 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Nathan Douglas Gleason Agency
1625 The Alameda Ste 402 - San Jose, CA 95126 - (408) 656-0034 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are San Jose exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Farmers Insurance: Jose Manabat
1620 Oakland Rd #D107 - San Jose, CA 95131 - (408) 437-5456 - View Map
- Dennis Stroup - State Farm Insurance Agent
6455 Almaden Expy Ste 103 - San Jose, CA 95120 - (408) 268-7800 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Valentine Deleon
1425 Foxworthy Ave b - San Jose, CA 95118 - (408) 266-8500 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in San Jose should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Where would glass claims be handled in San Jose?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
One last thing to lower rates
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to shop for Kia Sorento insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more you quote San Jose auto insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost San Jose auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-conscious Kia Sorento insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood San Jose agents, so you need to quote San Jose auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
More learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in California? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)