Do you need a better way to compare cheaper Honda Civic insurance in San Jose? Locating the cheapest insurance for a Honda Civic in California can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for your Honda and obtain the lowest possible price.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates yearly because car insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on Honda Civic insurance in San Jose six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because it's time to teach you the things you must know in order to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you have a policy now or want to find a cheaper company, you can use these techniques to save money while maintaining coverages. Obtaining price quotes for the cheapest car insurance in San Jose can be fairly easy. Smart buyers just need to know the proper way to get comparison quotes from many different companies.
Cheapest Honda Civic insurance price quotes in San Jose
Most of the larger companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get coverage prices directly from their websites. Comparing prices online for Honda Civic insurance in San Jose doesn't take a lot of time as you simply type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. After the form is submitted, the company's rating system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on these and other factors.
The ability to get online rates for Honda Civic insurance in San Jose makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you are searching for affordable prices.
To quickly find out how much you're overpaying now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you're receiving rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$340||$576||$578||$34||$174||$1,702||$142|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$688||$424||$26||$126||$1,522||$127|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$284||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,798||$150|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$324||$930||$668||$40||$200||$2,162||$180|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$340||$678||$578||$34||$174||$1,804||$150|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$536||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$616||$564||$34||$168||$1,616||$135|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$482||$500||$30||$150||$1,344||$112|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$564||$534||$32||$160||$1,496||$125|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$278||$630||$552||$32||$166||$1,658||$138|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$664||$424||$26||$126||$1,506||$126|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$210||$490||$552||$32||$166||$1,450||$121|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$430||$810||$442||$26||$132||$1,840||$153|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$270||$698||$580||$34||$174||$1,756||$146|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in your specific San Jose location which can decrease or increase price quotes considerably.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can increase Honda Civic insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Physical damage deductibles
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can change Honda Civic insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Honda Civic insurance in San Jose
Some providers don't always publicize every possible discount very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Accident Free - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates when compared to bad drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Save over 55 - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get reduced rates.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger auto insurance companies have a lower price if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Drivers Education - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Companies that may have these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in San Jose. To choose companies with the best discounts in California, click this link.
Exclusive or independent insurance agencies
Many people would rather get advice from a local agent. Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local insurance agents is important especially in San Jose.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in San Jose who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you want a good insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it's worth learning the subtle differences since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can write business through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, you should always compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you've never heard of which can save you money.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in San Jose that can possibly get you price quote information.
- All Coverage Insurance Agency
3033 Moorpark Ave #27 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 244-9100 - View Map
- Lords Insurance Agency Inc
2239 Moorpark Ave #100 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 289-5445 - View Map
- Mission Counties Insurance Agency
1777 Hamilton Ave - San Jose, CA 95125 - (408) 979-8160 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company's prices and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in San Jose that are able to give price quotes.
- Nhut Ho - State Farm Insurance Agent
2048 Tully Rd - San Jose, CA 95122 - (408) 223-6163 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Valentine Deleon
1425 Foxworthy Ave b - San Jose, CA 95118 - (408) 266-8500 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Jeff Senigaglia
950 S Bascom Ave #2113 - San Jose, CA 95128 - (408) 297-6686 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. A good agent in San Jose will have answers to these questions.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Five Tips to Get Cheap San Jose Insurance Prices
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are less apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find lower rates.
Liability is critical - The liability section of your policy is the protection when you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Is you vocation costing you more? - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as doctors, airline pilots, and medical professionals generally have higher average rates in part from intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, careers such as professors, historians and performers have lower than average premiums.
Low mileage costs less - The more miles you rack up on your Honda in a year's time the more you'll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than those used for commuting. It's always a good idea to double check that your policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Civic is just wasting money.
Adjust comp and collision deductibles and save - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are rearending another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Drivers with responsible credit save - Your credit score factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your Honda Civic by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings.
Insurance loss data for a Honda Civic - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that have higher losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table shows the loss history for Honda Civic vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda Civic Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Civic Hybrid||90||85||106||105||78|
|Honda Civic Si||126||97||117||124||104|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Honda vehicle and other assets
Even though San Jose Civic insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Civic has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Honda for a lot more money and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Honda. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Civic are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
A little work can save a LOT of money
When getting San Jose car insurance quotes online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut full coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver and even not issuing a premium refund. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agencies. Cost effective Honda Civic insurance can be bought online as well as from independent agents in San Jose, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
More information can be found at these links:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How Much are California Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in California? (FAQ)
- How Much is California Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in California? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)