Wish you could get out of overpriced Chevy Silverado insurance in San Diego? Believe me, you're not the only one.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that a large majority of insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. California drivers can cut their rates by up to $500 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it's nice to have a selection, it can be more challenging to find the lowest cost provider for Chevy Silverado insurance in San Diego.
Choosing the best rates in San Diego is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you're already insured, you will be able to cut your premiums using this information. Smart buyers just have to understand the tricks to compare company rates using one simple form.
Best companies for cheap Chevy Silverado insurance in California
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in San Diego, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$256||$464||$524||$32||$156||$1,432||$119|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$284||$554||$500||$30||$150||$1,518||$127|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$270||$454||$510||$30||$152||$1,416||$118|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$216||$394||$480||$28||$144||$1,262||$105|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$326||$672||$464||$28||$138||$1,628||$136|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$422||$844||$674||$40||$202||$2,182||$182|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$182||$354||$524||$32||$156||$1,248||$104|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$490||$810||$578||$34||$174||$2,086||$174|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$440||$678||$654||$38||$196||$2,006||$167|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$204||$418||$464||$28||$138||$1,252||$104|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$300||$576||$480||$28||$144||$1,528||$127|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$370||$792||$524||$32||$156||$1,874||$156|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$412||$914||$574||$34||$172||$2,106||$176|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$244||$464||$480||$28||$144||$1,360||$113|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$482||$574||$34||$172||$1,490||$124|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$490||$932||$578||$34||$174||$2,208||$184|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$300||$616||$464||$28||$138||$1,546||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify price quotes substantially.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The example below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Silverado yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Take policy discounts and save on Chevy Silverado insurance in San Diego
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less can qualify you for substantially lower rates.
- Defensive Driver - Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars - Putting insurance coverage on a new Silverado can save up to 30% because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with better insurance rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Student Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver's education course if it's offered in school.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in San Diego can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, air bags, multi-policy, and membership and employees.
- MetLife has savings for good student, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, driver's education, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include ease of repair, location of vehicle, annual mileage, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, and good driver.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, homeowners, automatic seat belts, good student, and student driver.
- Allstate may include discounts for FullPay discount, resident student, anti-theft, farm vehicle, and good payer.
Double check with every company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your state.
Insurance is available from local insurance agents
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in San Diego who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurance company should depend on more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How are they compensated?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How long has their agency been open in San Diego?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
If you are searching for a good San Diego insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they operate. Agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can do a good job, but it's a good idea to understand the differences since it can impact which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company's rates such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in San Diego that can give you price quote information.
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured. When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you include price quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in San Diego that are able to give comparison quotes.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on Chevy Silverado insurance in San Diego. The key concept to understand is the more you quote San Diego car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. Some small companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Good Students in California? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)