Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable auto insurance rates in El Cerrito, CA? Sick and tired of scraping the payment together to insure your vehicles every month? You are no different than many other California drivers.
Unbelievably, most drivers have been with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. El Cerrito insurance shoppers could pocket up to $470 a year just by shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to compare rates online.
Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all promote huge savings with advertising and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It's important to compare prices as often as possible because prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best rates on auto insurance two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the quickest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have a policy now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the following tips. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in El Cerrito can really be easy if you know what you're doing. But California vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of the way companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before being credited.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a class that teaches safe driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Sign Early and Save - Some larger companies give discounts for switching companies prior to your current policy expiring. It could save around 10% when you buy El Cerrito car insurance online.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Memberships - Participating in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Paper-free Discount - Many auto insurance companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a El Cerrito car insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Early Payment Discounts - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in El Cerrito, click this link.
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from many available car insurance companies in California. One of the best ways to find the cheapest insurance rates is to get quotes online.
It's so easy to compare rates online that it takes the place of having to drive to insurance agents' offices. Doing it all online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you're the type of person who wants the professional abilities of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible obtain prices from the web but buy from a local El Cerrito insurance agent.
Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting the best rates.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in California. To get cheaper car insurance in California, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,212||$606||$101|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$1,660||$830||$138|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,254||$627||$105|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,632||$816||$136|
|Ford Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,356||$678||$113|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,028||$514||$86|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,550||$775||$129|
|Hyundai Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$1,294||$647||$108|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,956||$978||$163|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,360||$680||$113|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,418||$709||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in El Cerrito which can increase or decrease coverage prices considerably.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The example below illustrates the difference between yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers in El Cerrito. The data assumes no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium on a Hyundai Sonata Limited.
Hyundai Sonata rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Chevrolet Tahoe insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Car insurance can be complex
When quoting and comparing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- What policy terms are available?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance is available from local agents
Certain consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! A good thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in El Cerrito.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in El Cerrito who will give you quotes for your business. You never need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare rates from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get some free quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
How much can you save?
We've covered some good ideas how to save on auto insurance in El Cerrito. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
A few companies do not offer rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance in El Cerrito can be found both online as well as from independent agents in El Cerrito, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information can be found at the links below
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Riverside, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Uninsured Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)