Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive insurance rates in Wildomar, CA? Did you make the mistake of buying an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Say no more because there are lots of Wildomar residents who feel the same.
A study showed that almost 70% of insureds in California have bought insurance from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Consumers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don't want to take the time to find lower-cost insurance rates.
Insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with catchy ads and it is difficult to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates yearly because insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the lowest rate on insurance a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're about to learn one of the quickest ways to find better coverage on insurance at a better price.
If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save money using these techniques. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Wildomar seems hard but is not really that difficult. But California consumers must understand the way companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Wildomar, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$1,332||$666||$111|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$1,140||$570||$95|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$1,616||$808||$135|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Ford F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,374||$687||$115|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,576||$788||$131|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,422||$711||$119|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,496||$748||$125|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$972||$486||$81|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,514||$757||$126|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,874||$937||$156|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$1,604||$802||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can modify prices greatly.
Liability-only rates compared to full coverage
The information below visualizes the comparison of GMC Acadia car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no exact rule to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your GMC Acadia replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Honda Civic insurance rates for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
One of the hardest decisions when shopping for car insurance is which deductibles should you choose. The premium rates below can help illustrate the rate differences when you buy lower versus higher insurance deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $250 deductible for comp and collision and the second rate table uses a $500 deductible.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,543||$129|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$780||$552||$32||$166||$1,941||$162|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$430||$780||$442||$26||$132||$1,835||$153|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$430||$780||$442||$26||$132||$1,835||$153|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$630||$552||$32||$166||$1,694||$141|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$314||$546||$442||$26||$132||$1,460||$122|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,578||$132|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$348||$630||$442||$26||$132||$1,578||$132|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in garaging location in Wildomar which can modify auto insurance rates greatly.
Based on the figures above, using a $250 deductible costs about $20 more each month or $240 annually than buying the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $250 more out-of-pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you go more than 13 months between claims, you would probably be better off if you elect the higher deductible. The table below shows how you can do this calculation yourself.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$146|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||- $126|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$20|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 - $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $20|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||13 months|
One important note is that a higher deductible means you will have to pay more out-of-pocket when you file a claim. That will force you to have some money saved in the event you need to pay more to get your vehicle repaired.
Take advantage of every auto insurance discount
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list every discount very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Seat Belts Save - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Homeowners Savings - Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Driver Education Discount - Require your teen driver to enroll in driver's education if offered at their school.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
A few companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Wildomar. To choose companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Wildomar, click here to view.
Informed consumers can cut their insurance rates
When buying insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that help determine your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets - Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Drivers who don't get tickets pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Getting just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have license-revoking violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Insurance policy lapses increase prices - Driving without insurance coverage in place can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Safer vehicles mean better insurance rates - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less and thus lower rates. If your car, truck, or SUV is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Does auto insurance cost less for females? - Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that females are better drivers. Both genders are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
- More performance means more cost - The type of car, truck or SUV you own makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger models, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Bad credit hurts insurance premiums - An insured's credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. Insureds with good credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Consider raising coverage deductibles - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Insurance for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
Cost effective car insurance can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
We covered some good ideas how you can find cheaper coverage online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Wildomar car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower auto insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Huntington Beach, California? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in California? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)