Want to learn how to save money and find cheaper car insurance rates in Pittsburg, CA? Pittsburg buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced car insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to shop for car insurance so we're going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for your and find the lowest possible price from Pittsburg insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to price shop coverage periodically because insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best quotes on car insurance a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're going to learn how to use online quotes to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. These tips will teach you a little about the best ways to compare prices and how to save the most money. Smart shoppers just need to understand the least time-consuming way to quote multiple rates on the web.
Cheaper Pittsburg insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked for before they will apply. If they aren't giving you every credit available, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Pittsburg and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Student Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to analyze vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Paperless Signup - Many insurance companies will give you a small discount shop Pittsburg auto insurance online.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your overall bill.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, accident-free, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-policy, preferred payment discount, newly married, exclusive group savings, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and safety features.
- American Family may offer discounts for air bags, good student, multi-vehicle, good driver, Steer into Savings, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, pay in full, mature driver, switch companies, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for student away at school, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, company car, air bags, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-theft, homeowner, drive less, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Pittsburg.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information like whether you have decent credit, if you are currently licensed, how old drivers are, and the type of vehicles you drive. That rating information is instantly provided to insurance companies and they return quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Pittsburg.
The following companies offer price quotes in Pittsburg, CA. In order to find cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Chevrolet Equinox LTZ 2WD||$1,830||$915||$153|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,406||$703||$117|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,270||$635||$106|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,294||$647||$108|
|Ford F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,600||$800||$133|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,494||$747||$125|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,314||$657||$110|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2WD 4-Dr||$1,444||$722||$120|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,592||$796||$133|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,638||$819||$137|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,676||$838||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower price quotes greatly.
One common question asked by Pittsburg drivers is what deductibles to buy. The premium rates below lay out the cost difference of buying low and high comp and collision deductibles. The first rate estimation uses a $250 deductible for physical damage and the second price chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
Hyundai Elantra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$298||$472||$376||$22||$112||$1,305||$109|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$298||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,601||$133|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,645||$137|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,645||$137|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$342||$576||$376||$22||$112||$1,453||$121|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$184||$298||$376||$22||$112||$992||$83|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,210||$101|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,236||$103|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,236||$103|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$210||$362||$376||$22||$112||$1,082||$90|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can impact premiums substantially.
Using the data above, we can ascertain that using a $250 deductible costs an average of $31 more each month or $372 for a full year than selecting the higher $1,000 deductible. Since the policyholder would be required to pay $750 more if you file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to go at least 24 months between claims, you would probably save some money going with the higher deductible.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Nissan Sentra car insurance costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why smart buyers get better rates in Pittsburg
Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Poor credit rating equals high costs - Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. If your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle by improving your credit score.
- Add-on coverages can add up - There are a ton of extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you don't pay attention. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don't need them remove them from your policy.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - Lots of insurance companies will give discounts to customers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, you still need to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may save money by buying insurance from a different company.
- Limits of liability insurance - Liability insurance provides coverage if you are found liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you can't answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays as much as $800 each year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to save money.
Cheap auto insurance is out there
Affordable auto insurance in Pittsburg can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Pittsburg agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don't offer rate quotes online and these small insurance companies work with local independent agents.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on auto insurance in Pittsburg. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
When getting Pittsburg auto insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut full coverage to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Journey in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in California? (FAQ)
- How Much is California Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)