Want to know an easy way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Ontario, CA? There isn't a single person who looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, particularly when the prices are way too high.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that about 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in the U.S. could save approximately 46.5% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know how much they could save if they changed companies. Due to the large number of choices, it can be diffult for people to locate the right insurer.
Shopping for the best coverage in Ontario is not as difficult as people think. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, take advantage of these tips to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Consumers only need an understanding of the fastest way to compare price quotes online.
How much does car insurance in Ontario, California cost?
Finding more affordable car insurance rates is not a difficult process. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, replaces the need to spend your day driving to local Ontario insurance agencies. Comparing car insurance rate quotes online has made agencies unnecessary unless you require the peace of mind of a local agency. You can, however, obtain prices from the web and still use a local Ontario agent.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in California. If you want to find the best cheap auto insurance in California, it's a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,544||$772||$129|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,904||$952||$159|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$1,108||$554||$92|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,804||$902||$150|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,018||$509||$85|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,698||$849||$142|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,904||$952||$159|
|Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$1,116||$558||$93|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,222||$611||$102|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$1,860||$930||$155|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,790||$895||$149|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can impact price quotes noticeably.
Analysis of deductible levels
When comparing auto insurance rates, the most common question is where should you set your physical damage deductibles. The comparisons below help summarize the price difference when you buy lower versus higher policy deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $250 deductible and the second pricing table uses a $1,000 deductible.
Nissan Altima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,543||$129|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,645||$137|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$386||$678||$500||$30||$150||$1,769||$147|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,689||$141|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$386||$780||$500||$30||$150||$1,871||$156|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,172||$98|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$210||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,236||$103|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,264||$105|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$238||$426||$500||$30||$150||$1,344||$112|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$426||$442||$26||$132||$1,264||$105|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$238||$490||$500||$30||$150||$1,408||$117|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can impact prices noticeably.
Based on the figures above, using a $250 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $35 more each month or $420 a year than quoting the higher $1,000 deductible. Since you would pay $750 more out-of-pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you go at a minimum 21 months between claims, you would save money going with the higher deductible. Here's an example of how you can do this calculation yourself.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$142|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||- $107|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$35|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 - $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $35|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||21 months|
An important sidenote is that higher deductibles results in a higher out-of-pocket expense at claim time. That will require some available funds in the event you need to pay more for the deductible.
Affordable Ontario auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for prior to getting the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Driver Safety - Passing a safe driver course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- College Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Ontario and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Sign Online - Many companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Early Switch Discount - Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive has savings for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, claim-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, annual mileage, and professional/association.
- Nationwide discounts include Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, family plan, good student, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, military active duty, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
When getting free Ontario car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in every state.
Auto insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Ontario, maintaining insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost every bank will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so you should quote and compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Which is the best car insurance?
When it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone's needs are different and your car insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How high should deductibles be on a vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my vehicle?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance agents can give valuable advice
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Ontario.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won't need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you want a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents in Ontario are considered either independent or exclusive. Either type can provide auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn why they differ since it could factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies amongst many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you compare prices from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Ontario?