High-priced auto insurance in Susanville can dry up your family's budget and make it tough to pay other bills. Comparing rates annually is recommended to lower your monthly bill.
Sad but true, about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they think it's difficult to compare rates online. Lots of insurers contend for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer to get the lowest rate possible on auto insurance.
The best way to get policy rate comparisons is to know the trick most insurance companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a little information like if you have a valid license, if you require a SR-22, how you use your vehicles, and level of coverage desired. Your information is automatically sent to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes instantly.
To compare rates for your car now, click here then complete the form.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free rate quotes in California. To locate cheap car insurance in California, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 4WD||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,390||$695||$116|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,238||$619||$103|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,490||$745||$124|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Ford F-150 FX4 4WD||$1,608||$804||$134|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,206||$603||$101|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$906||$453||$76|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,372||$686||$114|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Islander Package 4WD 4-Dr||$1,300||$650||$108|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,708||$854||$142|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,672||$836||$139|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,302||$651||$109|
|Toyota Tacoma 4WD||$1,438||$719||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease rates substantially.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders impact GMC Acadia auto insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of car insurance, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in California is wasting up to $850 per year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can combine your auto and home policy with one company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- 55 and Retired - Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less could earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Waiver for an Accident - This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some insurance carriers give a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Early Signing - A few larger companies allow discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you're out of luck. Any amount of discount will help reduce your premiums.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are:
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for new vehicle discount, safety features, newly retired, new move discount, teen driver discount, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family has savings for mySafetyValet, good student, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, bundled insurance, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, distant student, early shopping, pay in full, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance includes discounts for student away at school, multi-policy, mature driver, group or association, good student, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts including homeowner, bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Discounts might not be offered in Susanville. If you would like to view providers that offer many of these discounts in California, click here to view.
Local insurance agents
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agencies is especially important in Susanville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Susanville who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a good insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's important to know the subtle differences since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you should always get some free quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Picking the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How many companies do they write for?
When do I need an agent's advice?
When choosing a policy, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I use my car for my catering business?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Find affordable rates by comparing often
More affordable auto insurance in Susanville can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Susanville insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
When searching for cheaper Susanville car insurance quotes, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented many ways to reduce auto insurance car insurance rates online in Susanville. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Susanville car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a small mutual company.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Single Moms in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teachers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is California Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)