Want to know how to find more competitive auto insurance rates in Moreno Valley, CA? Tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your vehicles every month? You are no different than many other California drivers.
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of insureds kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in California could cut their rates by as much as $500 a year just by comparing rates, but they don't understand how simple it is to shop around. Numerous insurers battle for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite lowest price on auto insurance.
It's important to compare prices occasionally since insurance prices change quite often. If you had the lowest rate on auto insurance a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of information about auto insurance online but we're going to give you the best ways to lower your auto insurance premiums.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in California. To find cheap auto insurance in California, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,592||$796||$133|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,452||$726||$121|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$1,514||$757||$126|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$1,460||$730||$122|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Ford F-150 FX2 2WD||$1,604||$802||$134|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,974||$987||$165|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,934||$967||$161|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$992||$496||$83|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,340||$670||$112|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,100||$550||$92|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Nissan Rogue SL AWD||$1,568||$784||$131|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,762||$881||$147|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,672||$836||$139|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Moreno Valley which can modify coverage rates substantially.
Moreno Valley insurance premiums by gender and age
The diagram below shows the comparison of insurance costs for male and female drivers in Moreno Valley. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium on a Chevrolet Malibu LT.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The information below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can increase GMC Acadia premium costs for different age categories. The data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Moreno Valley, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your vehicle at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Save $449 a year. For real?
California consumers can't ignore all the ads for the lowest price car insurance from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies seem to make the promise that you can save after switching to their company.
How does every company make the same claim? This is the trick they use.
Most companies quote the lowest rates for the right customer they prefer to insure. An example of a desirable insured might be described as a married male, has a low-risk occupation, and has great credit. Any new insured who fits that profile will probably get the lowest prices and will cut their car insurance rates if they switch.
Potential insureds who cannot meet the "perfect" profile may receive higher premiums and this results in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is "customers who switch" not "all people who quote" save money. This is how companies can make claims that they all have the best auto insurance rates.
This illustrates why you should compare rate quotes every year. You cannot predict which insurance companies will have the lowest car insurance in Moreno Valley.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Moreno Valley and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Seat Belts Save - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the personal injury premium cost.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Keeping the miles down could earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Active Service Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Good Grades Discount - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, safe vehicle, driver's education, multiple policy, and good student.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for seat belt use, membership and employees, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, air bags, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, switch companies, bundle discounts, multi-car, and alternative fuel.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- USAA offers discounts for military installation, new vehicle, multi-policy, good student, driver training, and vehicle storage.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
Compare rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Moreno Valley auto insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is important especially in Moreno Valley.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Moreno Valley car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Any good agent in Moreno Valley should know the answers to these questions.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Shop smart and save
Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Low-cost insurance in Moreno Valley is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Moreno Valley agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- How Much are California Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Oxnard, California? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Anaheim, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)