How many years has it been since you compared low-cost auto insurance rates in Blythe, CA? Blythe buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost car insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online so we're going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used and find the lowest price from both online companies and Blythe agents.
It's important to do rate comparisons every six months because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you got the lowest price on auto insurance a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you how to quote online to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Auto insurance companies in California
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in California. If you want the best cheap car insurance in California, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,458||$729||$122|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$2,002||$1,001||$167|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$1,896||$948||$158|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,462||$731||$122|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,018||$509||$85|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$1,342||$671||$112|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,146||$573||$96|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,796||$898||$150|
|Honda CR-V EX 4WD||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Honda Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,702||$851||$142|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Nissan Rogue S AWD||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,168||$584||$97|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,568||$784||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific location which can modify coverage rates substantially.
Physical damage deductibles
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Escape insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Get cheaper auto insurance with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there's a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Early Signing - A few companies give discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a discount up to 10%.
- Government Employee Discount - Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Blythe car insurance with some auto insurance companies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to take driver's ed class in high school.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- The Hartford offers discounts including air bag, bundle, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for location of vehicle, multi-policy, multi-car, annual mileage, anti-theft, good driver, and accident-free.
- GEICO has discounts for federal employee, good student, multi-policy, military active duty, and driver training.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- State Farm includes discounts for defensive driving training, accident-free, driver's education, multiple autos, and good driver.
Check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not apply in Blythe. To find providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Blythe, click here to view.
Make wise decisions and cut your costs
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. It's important that you understand the different types of things that aid in calculating car insurance rates. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Higher deductibles cost less - Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Additional coverages that may be costing you - Policies have add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you've never needed them in the past eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Rates may be lower depending on your vocation - Occupations like military personnel, social workers and emergency personnel are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, jobs like actors, students and performers get better rates.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Most companies provide better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's always a smart idea to comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Careless drivers pay higher rates - Having a clean driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having just one driving citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Keep car insurance rates low by being claim-free - Car insurance companies in California award the best rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Local insurance agents
Some people just prefer to have an agent's advice. Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is important particularly in Blythe.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. You don't have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, just visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Blythe are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both can do a good job, but it's important to point out the differences because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house which is easy for the insured.
When shopping rates, it's a good idea to check rates from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with smaller regional carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. They are highly trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Blythe?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is there a local claims center in Blythe?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
Upon receiving good responses to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can provide insurance coverage.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Consumers can't avoid all the ads that promise big savings from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. They all make the same claim about saving some big amount just by moving your auto insurance policy to them.
How does every auto insurance company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? This is how they do it.
Many companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, a preferred risk may be a female over age 40, has a clear driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price as well as cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who fall outside these criteria will get higher rates and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. The ads say "customers who switch" not "all people who quote" save that much when switching. That is how insurance companies can make those statements.
That is why you need to do a quote comparison often. It's not possible to predict which company will have the lowest auto insurance in Blythe.
Don't give up on cheaper premiums
We've covered some good ideas how you can save on auto insurance in Blythe. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Blythe car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest prices come from the least-expected company.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal, high prices and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies can be easier than you think.
When getting Blythe car insurance quotes online, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Huntington Beach, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in California? (FAQ)
- How Much is California Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Fontana, California? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Moreno Valley, California? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)