Price shopping your insurance is a challenge for people who have little experience comparing prices online. There are so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a difficult mission to find more affordable premium rates on insurance.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Many drivers in Rancho Cucamonga could pocket approximately 35% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the techniques covered below. The goal of this article is to teach you a little about how car insurance companies work and some money-saving tips. Although California drivers need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
Score discounts to get cheaper Rancho Cucamonga auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there may be some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger companies have a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Telematics Data - Rancho Cucamonga drivers who agree to allow their company to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a slight reduction on a Rancho Cucamonga auto insurance quote.
Please keep in mind that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Larger auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, safe driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new vehicle discount, multi-car, new graduate, teen driver discount, exclusive group savings, safety features, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, multiple policy, passive restraint, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include good student, multi-policy, teen driver, paperless, paid in full, student away at school, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and federal employee.
- SAFECO discounts include bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and safe driver.
It's a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be offered in Rancho Cucamonga. To find providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click here.
Most companies give insurance quotes online. This process is pretty easy as all you need to do is type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, the company's rating system sends out for your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on the data you entered.
Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, and it's necessary to perform this step if you want to find cheap prices.
To get comparison pricing now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting a price comparison for exact coverage.
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in California, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$1,100||$550||$92|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,618||$809||$135|
|Ford Edge SE 2WD||$1,218||$609||$102|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,126||$563||$94|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$1,462||$731||$122|
|Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$1,268||$634||$106|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,494||$747||$125|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,490||$745||$124|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,660||$830||$138|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,586||$793||$132|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,978||$989||$165|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,234||$617||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in your specific Rancho Cucamonga location which can increase or decrease coverage rates significantly.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in California. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no specific rule to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford F-150 replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
How high should deductibles be?
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Kia Optima insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some consumers still like to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Rancho Cucamonga?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
If you are wanting to find a local Rancho Cucamonga insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Upon getting acceptable answers to these questions as well as a price you're happy with, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that will properly service your insurance policy.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just learned some good ideas how to compare insurance premium rates in Rancho Cucamonga. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Cost effective insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Rancho Cucamonga, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in California? (FAQ)
- How Much are California Auto Insurance Quotes for Infrequent Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)