Are you doing reasearch to find cheaper insurance rates in Elk Grove, CA? Wish you could get out of high-priced insurance? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of Elk Grove residents who feel the same.
Unbelievable but true according to a study over 70% of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never quoted insurance rates at all. Many consumers in California could save up to $469 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp the benefits if they switch to a new company.
Consumers have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to get the best deal.
The majority of larger companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive make it easy to get prices for coverage directly from their websites. Comparing prices online is very simple because it's just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. When complete, the quote system sends out for information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price. Quoting online makes it simple to compare prices and it is important to perform this step if you are searching for the most affordable auto insurance rates.
To save time and get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you are getting a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Elk Grove, CA. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in California, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LTZ||$1,568||$784||$131|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$1,186||$593||$99|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,128||$564||$94|
|Ford F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,452||$726||$121|
|GMC Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$1,226||$613||$102|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,294||$647||$108|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,206||$603||$101|
|Honda Odyssey Touring||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,794||$897||$150|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,424||$712||$119|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can raise or lower auto insurance rates noticeably.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can change Honda Civic insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Lower rates by qualifying for these nine discounts
Companies don't list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- ABS Brakes - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Safe Drivers - Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Defensive Driver - Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Resident Student - Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a slight reduction on a Elk Grove car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Elk Grove car insurance.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good student, driver's education, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, pay in full, homeowner, distant student, business and professional, and mature driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for company car, teen driver, multi-policy, safe driver, and paperless.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, driver training, anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, and bundle.
- Farm Bureau discounts include safe driver, good student, youthful driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers discounts including multi-policy, defensive driver, annual mileage, vehicle storage, and family discount.
Check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Elk Grove. To see a list of insurers with the best insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Elk Grove, buying insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your vehicle outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Elk Grove is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Do I need an agent?
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Elk Grove who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Elk Grove should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- If they are an independent agency in Elk Grove, which companies do they recommend?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Collision coverage - This coverage pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision - Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability insurance - This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/5 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people's vehicles and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
Medical costs insurance - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for funeral costs, surgery, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM Coverage - This provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your vehicle.
Since many California drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.