Would you prefer to buy the cheapest auto insurance rates in Covina, CA? I really doubt anyone is fond of buying auto insurance, particularly when their premiums are too high.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that most auto insurance buyers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Many consumers in Covina could save an average of $500 each year, but they don't believe the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company. There are many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it's a good thing to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the lowest rates.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance company rates is to know the trick car insurance companies participate in a system to compare their rates. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details such as an estimate of your credit level, daily mileage, driver ages, and which vehicles you own. Your details is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and you should receive rate quotes with very little delay.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Covina, CA. To get cheaper auto insurance in California, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu LS||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,400||$700||$117|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$1,196||$598||$100|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Ford Explorer Limited AWD||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$1,734||$867||$145|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,512||$756||$126|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,744||$872||$145|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,272||$636||$106|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,660||$830||$138|
|Hyundai Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,232||$616||$103|
|Nissan Rogue SL 2WD||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,234||$617||$103|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,854||$927||$155|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Covina which can decrease or increase insurance rates substantially.
Safe drivers Covina pay cheaper rates
The example below demonstrates how citations and accident claims can raise Ford F-150 premium costs for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Policy deductible comparison
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Ford Focus insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Ford Focus rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevrolet Malibu yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There isn't a written rule of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Malibu replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $400 a year for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but some need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-theft System - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts should help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
If you need cheaper Covina auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Covina. To see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Covina, click here.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your vehicle at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates but buy from a local Covina insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Covina that can provide free Covina auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider shouldn't rely on just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Covina?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
Covina auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you want to use an insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Auto insurance agents in Covina may be either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can sell auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know why they differ because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, we recommend you contact a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.