How many times have you told yourself to find more affordable insurance rates in Colton, CA? Colton shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the best price on car insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online and we'll show you the quickest way to quote coverages on a and locate the cheapest rates either online or from Colton insurance agents.
Statistics show that the vast majority of California insurance customers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. U.S. drivers can cut their rates by up to $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy.
This information will tell you how to effectively get price quotes. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to save money using the ideas you're about to read. Consumers only have to learn the quickest method to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
Car insurance companies in California
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Colton, CA. To locate cheap auto insurance in California, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$2,006||$1,003||$167|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$1,562||$781||$130|
|Ford Escape Limited 4WD||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$1,748||$874||$146|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,424||$712||$119|
|Ford Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$2,074||$1,037||$173|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$990||$495||$83|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,060||$530||$88|
|Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2-Dr||$1,292||$646||$108|
|Kia Optima EX||$1,704||$852||$142|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,496||$748||$125|
|Nissan Rogue S 2WD||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,552||$776||$129|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,568||$784||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific Colton garaging location which can change coverage rates significantly.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can affect Ford F-150 insurance rates for different age groups. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Ford F-150 rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate comparison of males versus females in Colton
The information below illustrates the difference between insurance costs for male and female drivers in Colton. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in on a Toyota Camry SE.
Toyota Camry rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Do you qualify for discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Most are applied when you purchase, but some must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Paperwork-free - Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you low cost Colton auto insurance.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few insurance companies allow discounts for signing up early. The savings is around 10%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- College Student - Kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will qualify for a discount on a Colton auto insurance quote.
- Drivers Education - Have your child complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- One Accident Forgiven - This isn't a discount exactly, but certain companies will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply to policies in Colton. For a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap auto insurance quotes in Colton, follow this link.
Four things that affect insurance costs
It's important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
- Theft deterrents save - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent auto theft.
- Vocation impacts rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like military personnel, airline pilots, and emergency personnel generally pay higher average rates because of stressful work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, students and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Performance makes a difference - The type of car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates are usually found on the lowest performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Prices may be higher where you live - Choosing to live in areas with lower population can save you money when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated California areas regularly have more traffic problems and longer commute times. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
When to have guidance from an agent
Certain consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Colton.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that can provide free Colton auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a insurance company is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What company do they have the most business with?
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to compare auto insurance prices in Colton. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents. Low-cost auto insurance in Colton is possible online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund or policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
More information can be read below: