Trying to find lower-priced insurance rates in Bellflower, CA? No normal person likes paying for insurance, in particular when the price is too high.
A recent study showed that most insurance buyers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Consumers in Bellflower could pocket up to $469 a year just by shopping around, but they just feel it's too hard to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive continually bombard you with catchy ads and it is difficult to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's smart to compare premium rates periodically since prices change regularly. Even if you got the best deal on insurance a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
When looking for cheaper Bellflower auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from different Bellflower insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the lowest rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to call or drive to insurance agents' offices. Doing it all online eliminates the middleman unless you prefer the professional guidance of a local agency. Although you can price shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies will improve the odds of getting the best rates. Not every company allows you to get quotes online, so it's important to also get price estimates from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Bellflower, CA. To buy cheap auto insurance in California, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,436||$718||$120|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,774||$887||$148|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$1,630||$815||$136|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Ford Explorer Limited 4WD||$1,166||$583||$97|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$1,104||$552||$92|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,440||$720||$120|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,322||$661||$110|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,652||$826||$138|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Toyota RAV4 4WD||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Does full coverage make sense?
The illustration below examines Chevrolet Malibu insurance costs with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's say your Chevrolet Malibu settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of insurance costs for male and female drivers in Bellflower. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium on a Toyota Corolla S.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Cautious drivers save money
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims can affect Nissan Sentra insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan Sentra rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts can help lower premiums on auto insurance
Some providers do not list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some larger companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Good Grades Discount - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Anti-theft System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Bellflower auto insurance quote.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Active Military Service - Being on active duty in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Bellflower auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren't that lucky.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To locate auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Bellflower, follow this link.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in California
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Bellflower, paying for auto insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost every bank will force you to buy full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays more than $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Buying insurance from Bellflower auto insurance agents
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local. And buying from small agencies is important particularly in Bellflower.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data gets sent to participating agents in Bellflower that can provide free Bellflower auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agents that you can select. Agencies in Bellflower may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to get quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Choosing the best insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Here are some questions to ask:
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?