Wish you could get out of overpriced auto insurance? It's a common feeling and there are a lot of people in Stanton just like you who feel imprisoned by their auto insurance policy.
It's amazing but about 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,390, California drivers can save as much as $469 each year by just shopping around, but they don't believe the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy. Due to the fact that there are so many insurance providers from which to choose, it is very difficult to pick a more affordable insurance company.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates before your next renewal because auto insurance prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the best quotes on auto insurance a year ago there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the easiest way to buy cheaper auto insurance.
Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Stanton is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have a policy now or just want to save money, follow these tips to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Drivers just have to learn the tricks to compare rate quotes online.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information including distance driven, types of safety features, an estimate of your credit level, and whether you drive to work or school. Those rating factors is automatically sent to insurance companies and they return rate quotes immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LT 2WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,304||$652||$109|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,088||$544||$91|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,902||$951||$159|
|Ford Edge Sport AWD||$1,464||$732||$122|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,602||$801||$134|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$1,362||$681||$114|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,358||$679||$113|
|GMC Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,494||$747||$125|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,018||$509||$85|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,204||$602||$100|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$992||$496||$83|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$1,524||$762||$127|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,620||$810||$135|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,142||$571||$95|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,648||$824||$137|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase premiums substantially.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of annual premium costs for male and female drivers in Stanton. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium on a GMC Acadia SLT.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rate quotes for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts to earn lower Stanton auto insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't list every discount they offer very well, so here is a list both the well known and the more hidden credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- E-sign Discounts - A few larger companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Home Ownership Discount - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Drive Safe and Save - Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Stanton auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Having primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century has discounts for teen driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, air bags, defensive driver, and student driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide offers discounts including multi-policy, good student, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and defensive driving.
- Esurance may offer discounts for good driver, online quote, multi-car, online shopper, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, air bag, and anti-theft.
Double check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Some credits might not apply in your state. To see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in California, follow this link.
Lower Your Rates with these tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can earn you cheaper rates. Many factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The following are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
Youthful drivers pay higher rates - Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience tend to be inattentive when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher.
Your gender affects premiums - Over time, data shows that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Men and women cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
Stress out and pay more - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as fire fighters, architects and dentists tend to pay higher average rates attributed to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Other careers like scientists, historians and performers receive lower rates.
Keep auto insurance rates low by being claim-free - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance companies in California give the best rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
You may save more by combining policies - Most major insurers will give lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, it's always a smart idea to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a "perfect" insurance plan. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How high should deductibles be on a vehicle?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
In the end, you can save money
When buying insurance coverage, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for auto insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)