Do you want to save money by finding cheaper insurance rates in Yorba Linda, CA? Did a good deal turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat.
A recent insurance study revealed that over 70% of California drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. American consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they just switched companies.
You have multiple auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, more choices can make it harder to compare rates.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes increases your odds of finding the best price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide rate quotes online, so it's recommended that you also compare price quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Yorba Linda, CA. If you want to find the best car insurance in California, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,364||$682||$114|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,358||$679||$113|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$1,690||$845||$141|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,650||$825||$138|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$1,366||$683||$114|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,494||$747||$125|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,260||$630||$105|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,324||$662||$110|
|Honda Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,364||$682||$114|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Rear Entertainment||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,252||$626||$104|
|Mazda 3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,538||$769||$128|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$1,684||$842||$140|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,840||$920||$153|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,664||$832||$139|
|Toyota RAV4 4WD||$1,688||$844||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in garaging location in Yorba Linda which can influence auto insurance rates significantly.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders drive up Chevrolet Malibu auto insurance costs for different age categories. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Malibu rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The chart below examines Ford Fusion premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford Fusion replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
How high should deductibles be?
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can raise or lower Kia Optima insurance premiums for different age categories. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Kia Optima rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
These discounts can lower your insurance rates
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you can get discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- College Student - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Yorba Linda and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better prices if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Early Signing - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You may see this discount when you get Yorba Linda car insurance quotes online.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Yorba Linda car insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their company to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, student away at school, accident-free, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include safe driver, youthful driver, good student, multi-policy, renewal discount, driver training, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, military active duty, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, drive less, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
Check with each company which discounts they offer. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in California, click here.
Learn how to buy insurance at a discount
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the factors that aid in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower insurance prices. Lots of things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- No coverage gaps is important - Not having insurance can get you a ticket and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Males pay higher premiums - Over time, data shows females are less aggressive when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Females and males get in fender benders in similar numbers, but males get into accidents with more damage. They also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Better insurance rates on vehicles with better crash test results - Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
- Companies want multiple policies - Most major insurers afford a discount to insureds that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. It's possible to still save money even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Employer and insurance rates - Jobs like doctors, executives and emergency personnel usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to intense work situations and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Yorba Linda.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Yorba Linda who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to drive around as quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Two types of Yorba Linda auto insurance agents
When finding a reputable agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agents in Yorba Linda can be classified as either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you should always get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is there a local claims center in Yorba Linda?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Yorba Linda?
We just presented many ideas to find cheaper coverage online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When getting Yorba Linda car insurance quotes online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective auto insurance is attainable on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don't offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teachers in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Santa Ana, California? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)