Finding cheaper car insurance could be nearly impossible for people who are beginners to comparing prices online. With literally dozens of companies, it can turn into a real challenge to find the best premium rates.
Unbelievable but true, most drivers in California have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in the United States could save 47% every year, but most undervalue the benefits if they switch to a new company.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company's rates at least once a year since insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best price on car insurance two years ago there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you're about to find out the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
The majority of larger companies such as State Farm and Allstate provide coverage price quotes from their websites. Getting insurance prices online is very simple because it's just a matter of typing in your personal and coverage information into the form. After you submit the form their system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on these factors.
Quoting online makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to perform this step in order to get the most affordable insurance rates.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid||$1,172||$586||$98|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$1,754||$877||$146|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Hero||$1,172||$586||$98|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,836||$918||$153|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$1,188||$594||$99|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,226||$613||$102|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,238||$619||$103|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 4WD||$1,208||$604||$101|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,798||$899||$150|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,598||$799||$133|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,302||$651||$109|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,874||$937||$156|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,080||$540||$90|
|Toyota Tacoma 4WD||$1,310||$655||$109|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower coverage prices significantly.
Where to set your deductibles
One of the most common car insurance questions is which deductible level should you buy. The rates below show the difference in cost when you buy lower versus higher comp and collision deductibles. The first price estimate table uses a $100 deductible and the second price grid uses a $1,000 deductible.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$332||$564||$442||$26||$132||$1,521||$127|
|Acadia SL AWD||$380||$564||$442||$26||$132||$1,569||$131|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$380||$564||$442||$26||$132||$1,569||$131|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,691||$141|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$380||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,691||$141|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$430||$686||$442||$26||$132||$1,741||$145|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$184||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,082||$90|
|Acadia SL AWD||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$210||$298||$442||$26||$132||$1,108||$92|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$210||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,172||$98|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$210||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,172||$98|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$238||$362||$442||$26||$132||$1,200||$100|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in La Puente which can influence insurance rates significantly.
Using the premium rates above, we can conclude that using a $100 deductible costs approximately $41 more each month or $492 a year than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $900 more out-of-pocket with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you go at least 22 months between claims, you would save money if you choose the higher deductible.
Affordable La Puente car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before they will apply.
- Buy New and Save - Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multi-car Discount - Having multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Bundle and Save - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and place coverage with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the cost of your policy.
Large car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, and driver training.
- American Family offers premium reductions for air bags, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- Travelers may include discounts for good student, student away at school, payment discounts, driver training, IntelliDrive, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, business and professional, teen driver, mature driver, bundle discounts, and early shopping.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-policy, vehicle storage, new vehicle, driver training, loyalty savings, defensive driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for preferred payment discount, safety features, multi-policy, teen driver discount, and new move discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in La Puente. To choose insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in California, click here to view.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Learn how to quote auto insurance more affordably
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you cheaper rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Shown below are a few of the things companies use to determine your prices.
- Multiple policies with one company can save - Most companies apply a discount to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you're getting this discount it's in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. You may still save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- Always have auto insurance - Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Raising coverage deductibles saves money - Physical damage coverage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles define the amount you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Vehicle theft costs us all - Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Liability insurance - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Prices for men may be higher - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Both sexes get in accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Marriage can lower premiums - Walking down the aisle can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost in La Puente, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your vehicle at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $750 every year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Persistence pays off
There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers sell through local independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in La Puente is possible on the web and with local La Puente insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best selection.
We've covered a lot of ways to save on car insurance in La Puente. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive La Puente auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in California? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Fresno, California? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)