How long has it been since you shopped around for the cheapest auto insurance rates in Truckee, CA? Purchasing affordable quotes may seem to be problematic for beginners to comparing rates online. With dozens of companies in the marketplace, how are people expected to even start to compare the different rates to find the lowest price available?
A recent study showed that the vast majority of California auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in America can cut their rates by $850 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don't understand how much they could save if they switch to a new company.
Consumers need to price shop coverage on a regular basis because auto insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best quotes on auto insurance at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance out there, but I'm going to show you some excellent ideas to put money back in your pocket.
Our goal in writing this article introduce you to how insurance works and also pocket some savings If you have insurance now, you will be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Nevertheless, California consumers do need to know how companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
Keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps locate a lower rate. Not every company does quotes over the internet, so it's important to compare rates from them as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Truckee, CA. In order to find cheaper car insurance in California, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$1,764||$882||$147|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$992||$496||$83|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$1,458||$729||$122|
|Ford Edge Sport 2WD||$1,664||$832||$139|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,428||$714||$119|
|Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,528||$764||$127|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$992||$496||$83|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Honda Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$1,544||$772||$129|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,664||$832||$139|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,296||$648||$108|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,830||$915||$153|
|Toyota RAV4 2WD||$1,390||$695||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can change price quotes substantially.
An analysis of deductible level
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can impact Honda Civic insurance premiums for different age categories. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Honda Civic rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Affordable rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Truckee car insurance online. If you're not getting every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Air Bag Discount - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Driver's Education for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Student in College - Older children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
To choose insurance companies with discount rates in Truckee, click here.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in California is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a vehicle in Truckee, insuring your vehicle is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your vehicle at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your vehicle as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance agents near you
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent. One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheaper rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Truckee.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Truckee who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies because prices are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When searching for a good Truckee insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Truckee may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare prices from independent agents to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Picking a insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How long has their agency been in business in Truckee?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?