Would you like to stop overpaying and find low-cost auto insurance rates in Simi Valley, CA? Sick and tired of paying out the nose to pay your auto insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than millions of other people.
Amazingly, most consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Simi Valley consumers can cut their rates by as much as $470 a year just by shopping around, but they don't know how much they could save if they switched to a cheaper policy. Since people have many different company options, it can be impossible to locate a lower cost insurance company.
It's a good habit to compare rates before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. Just because you had the best deal on auto insurance six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the right way to get good coverage on auto insurance at a lower rate.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Simi Valley is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you're already insured, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. Shoppers only have to learn the proper way to compare company rates online.
The method we recommend to compare rates is to know car insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like if you have a valid license, an estimate of your credit level, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and how much school you completed. That rating data is then submitted to multiple companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Simi Valley.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. To buy cheap car insurance in California, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,462||$731||$122|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,124||$562||$94|
|Dodge Grand Caravan Crew||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$1,412||$706||$118|
|Ford Edge SE 2WD||$1,370||$685||$114|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$1,178||$589||$98|
|Ford F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$1,212||$606||$101|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,312||$656||$109|
|Honda Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$1,632||$816||$136|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,160||$580||$97|
|Honda Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$2,072||$1,036||$173|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,790||$895||$149|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,334||$667||$111|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,606||$803||$134|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,796||$898||$150|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,606||$803||$134|
|Volkswagen Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$1,412||$706||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease coverage rates greatly.
Policy deductible comparison
When shopping for car insurance, a common question is how high should the physical damage coverage deductibles be. The figures shown below can help illustrate the differences in premium rates of buying low and high physical damage coverage deductibles. The first data set uses a $250 deductible and the second data table uses a $500 deductible.
GMC Acadia rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$298||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,395||$116|
|Acadia SL AWD||$342||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,439||$120|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$342||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,439||$120|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,543||$129|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$342||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,543||$129|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,587||$132|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$242||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,224||$102|
|Acadia SL AWD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$278||$382||$442||$26||$132||$1,260||$105|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$278||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,342||$112|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$314||$464||$442||$26||$132||$1,378||$115|
|Get a Quote for Your Vehicle Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower price quotes greatly.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $250 deductible will cost you roughly $15 more each month or $180 every year than buying the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $250 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to average more than 17 months between claim filings, you would save money by selecting a higher deductible.
Lower-cost Simi Valley car insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance companies do not advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Simi Valley auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Seniors can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Drive Less and Save - Fewer annual miles can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Student in College - Kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including distant student, multi-car, good student, mature driver, pay in full, and switch companies.
- Esurance includes discounts for emergency road assistance, good driver, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, and anti-theft.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, safe vehicle, multiple autos, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- Allstate may have discounts that include teenSMART discount, anti-theft, passive restraint, economy car, defensive driver, and utility vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Simi Valley. To see a list of car insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in California, click here.
Reduce Your Rates with these tips
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Do you have a stressful employer? - Careers such as military generals, social workers and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average due to job stress and long work days. Conversely, jobs such as professors, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Deter theft and pay less - Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart theives like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Know your vehicle's crash test rating - Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and thus lower rates. If your car, truck, or SUV has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Driving citations hurt - Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Even one citation can increase rates substantially. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Proper usage rating affects rates - Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rates will be. Most companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your car insurance policy correctly shows the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Don't abuse policy claims - Car insurance companies in California generally give discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
You may want advice from an agent
Certain consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Simi Valley who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does their agency support local causes in Simi Valley?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they work. Agencies in Simi Valley can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it's important to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. They are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
These type of agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
After you get good responses to any questions you may have as well as low cost Simi Valley auto insurance quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide insurance.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you're not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Find cheaper car insurance rates by comparing often
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests or even policy cancellation. It doesn't matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to lower your car insurance premium rates in Simi Valley. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Simi Valley auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured cut collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Additional information can be found below:
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable California Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Car Insurance for Real Estate Agents? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Nurses in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)