Pricey auto insurance in Los Gatos can take a big chunk out of your funds and require stricter spending habits. Comparison shopping is recommended to lower your bills every month.
Remarkably, a study showed that most consumers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Los Gatos could cut their rates by as much as 35% a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to compare other rate quotes. Lots of insurers contend for your business, so it's not easy to compare every insurer and get the best coverage at the best price available on auto insurance.
If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates and still have adequate protection. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Los Gatos is much easier if you have a good place to start. Comparison shoppers just need to understand the fastest way to quote multiple rates from many different companies.
Verify you're getting every discount
Auto insurance is expensive, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- College Student - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Los Gatos and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Los Gatos auto insurance quote.
- Government Employee Discount - Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the premium cost.
If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap auto insurance quotes in Los Gatos in California, click this link.
Compare quotes for Los Gatos insurance
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$1,408||$704||$117|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,410||$705||$118|
|Ford Edge Sport AWD||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,272||$636||$106|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$1,566||$783||$131|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,528||$764||$127|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,636||$818||$136|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Honda Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 4WD 4-Dr||$1,198||$599||$100|
|Mazda 3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$1,830||$915||$153|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,830||$915||$153|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,800||$900||$150|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,256||$628||$105|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,166||$583||$97|
|Volkswagen Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,506||$753||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in your specific Los Gatos location which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The chart below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Ford Fusion rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford Fusion book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it's costing you more than $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not advised. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Should you raise deductibles?
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Toyota Corolla premium costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Toyota Corolla rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accidents can impact Chevrolet Tahoe annual premium costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Compare prices but still have a local Los Gatos insurance agent
A lot of people still like to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don't have to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to compare rates from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Los Gatos?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
After getting positive feedback to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you've probably found a company that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
How much can you save?
Lower-priced insurance in Los Gatos is attainable from both online companies and with local Los Gatos insurance agents, so you need to quote Los Gatos auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on insurance in Los Gatos. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Garden Grove, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Students in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Males in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Honda Accord in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Oakland, California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in San Francisco, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap California Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)