Pretty sure you bought an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, there are many people just like you.
Shockingly, the majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and just under half have never even compared rates from other companies. California drivers can save almost 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don't grasp the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Due to the large number of different company options, it's nearly impossible to choose the right insurance company.
It's important to check insurance prices yearly because insurance prices change quite often. If you had the lowest rates on insurance two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. There are lots of tips to save on insurance online, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn a lot of great tips on how to lower your insurance premiums.
When quoting car insurance, remember that making a lot of price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give rate quotes online, so you also need to get rates from them, too.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Rancho Cordova, CA. To buy the best auto insurance in California, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS AWD||$1,506||$753||$126|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$1,618||$809||$135|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,200||$600||$100|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$1,708||$854||$142|
|Ford Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$1,724||$862||$144|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,744||$872||$145|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Honda Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,846||$923||$154|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,518||$759||$127|
|Mazda 3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$2,072||$1,036||$173|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,698||$849||$142|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$2,018||$1,009||$168|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,454||$727||$121|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 4WD||$1,396||$698||$116|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,192||$596||$99|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Rancho Cordova
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and fender-benders increase Ford Escape premium costs for each different age category. The data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford Escape rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Discounts for cheap insurance rates
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so we break down a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known insurance savings.
- Discount for New Cars - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- 55 and Retired - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed in the military can result in better prices.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in California, click this link.
Why your rate might be higher
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates. Many different elements are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are more obscure like where you live or how safe your car is.
The following are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
- A auto insurance policy lapse can increase rates - Driving without insurance coverage in place is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Marriage can save you money - Getting married actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Age of drivers impacts premiums - Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.Inexperience drivers are proven to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- More policies can equal more savings - Most major insurers afford a discount to people who have multiple policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, consumers should still compare other rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can find lower rates by buying from different companies
- Frequent insurance claims increase prices - Auto insurance companies in California generally give the best rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Pleasure use or commuting - Driving a lot of miles annually the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle's coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that have low annual miles receive better premium rates compared to those used for work or business. It's always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance coverage states the right rating data.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When quoting and comparing the right insurance coverage, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Every insured's situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my vehicle?
Well known brands might not be cheapest
Popular auto insurance providers such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads in print and on television. All the ads convey the message that drivers can save some big amount if you change your auto insurance policy to them. How does every auto insurance company make the same claim? This is the way they can do it.
Companies have specific criteria for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, this type of risk profile might be described as a mature driver, has had continuous coverage, and has great credit. Anybody that fits those parameters gets the lowest car insurance rates and will most likely save when switching.
Drivers who are not a match for this ideal profile will be quoted higher premium rates and ends up with the customer not buying. The wording the ads use say "people who switch" not "everybody who quotes" save the amount stated. That's why companies can truthfully state the savings. This emphasizes why it is so important to get as many free Rancho Cordova auto insurance quotes as possible. It's just not possible to know the company that will give you lower car insurance rates than your current company.
In the end, you can save money
We've covered some good ideas how to lower your auto insurance prices in Rancho Cordova. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Rancho Cordova auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Discount auto insurance in Rancho Cordova can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Rancho Cordova auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don't offer online price quotes and these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
When you buy Rancho Cordova auto insurance online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Riverside, CA? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Sacramento, California? (FAQ)
- How Much is California Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes in California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest California Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Moreno Valley, California? (FAQ)
- How Much are California Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male in California? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)