Do you want to learn how to find more affordable insurance rates in Paradise, CA? Are you a victim of an overpriced insurance policy? Say no more because many consumers are feeling buyer's remorse and feel like there's no way out.
Unfortunately, most insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Many consumers in California could save themselves nearly 35% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't understand how easy it is to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Popular companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from different Paradise insurance companies. The best way to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to spend time driving to insurance agencies in your area. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the trained guidance that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, get prices online and still use a local Paradise agent. Keep in mind that comparing more quotes will enable you to find better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give quotes online, so it's recommended that you also compare quotes from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in California. To find the best cheap car insurance in California, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Equinox LS 2WD||$1,570||$785||$131|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$952||$476||$79|
|Dodge Grand Caravan CV||$992||$496||$83|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,602||$801||$134|
|Ford Edge SEL AWD||$1,460||$730||$122|
|Ford Escape XLS 2WD||$1,328||$664||$111|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$1,280||$640||$107|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,264||$632||$105|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,174||$587||$98|
|Honda Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,158||$579||$97|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,236||$618||$103|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,978||$989||$165|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$1,458||$729||$122|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,424||$712||$119|
|Toyota Camry XLE||$1,388||$694||$116|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,454||$727||$121|
|Toyota Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$1,482||$741||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease price quotes substantially.
Full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevrolet Tahoe insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data assumes no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive guideline for phasing out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Tahoe book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Verify you're applying every discount
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow their company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Memberships - Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when getting a Paradise auto insurance quote.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model can save up to 30% since newer models are generally safer.
- College Student - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Paradise and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Government Employees - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Paradise auto insurance with certain companies.
- One Accident Forgiven - This one isn't a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, bundle, anti-theft, air bag, good student, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, type of vehicle, multi-policy, location of vehicle, good student, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, emergency military deployment, seat belt use, anti-theft, and driver training.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, anti-theft, good student, student away at school, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and good driver.
Check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not be available in Paradise. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in California, click here.
Lower Paradise auto insurance rates
Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Male premiums may be higher - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. This data doesn't prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes get in accidents at a similar rate, but guys get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Don't cancel your auto insurance policy without a new one in place - Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a fast way to bump up your auto insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in fines and jail time. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
- Good drivers pay better premiums - Just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices compared to bad drivers. People who have dangerous citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Too many claims drive up premiums - Insurance companies in California give lower rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Excellent credit scores equal low rates - A driver's credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always keep in mind that when comparing your policy, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Does insurance advertising bend the truth?
Big name companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. All the ads try to convey promises about savings just by switching to their company. How is it possible that every company can cost less than your current company? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that makes them money. For example, a profitable customer may need to be over the age of 40, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. Someone that meets those criteria will get very good Paradise car insurance rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Insureds who don't meet the "perfect" profile will probably have to pay higher rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much when switching. That's the way companies can make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
This emphasizes why you really should compare rate quotes every year. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will be your best fit.
One last thing about your coverage
Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Cheaper insurance in Paradise is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in California? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Fremont, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a School Permit in California? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Bakersfield, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Subaru Forester in California? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)